No announcement yet.

I just got kinda chewed out by my potential new boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I.T. is a very congested field, without College I started at 31k and worked my way up, if I had a Comp Sci degree I would of been at around 45k starting.

This was in 2001, so add probably around 10k to those prices.

Comment

Yea, well I made 5.3k last year. Beat that! Part Time work and Full time school FTL! (regarding income)
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

There's definitely a correlation between the Size/Type of the Company and the Salary you'll get. How large is this company? What exactly do they do?
        tasty

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
          I.T. is a very congested field, without College I started at 31k and worked my way up, if I had a Comp Sci degree I would of been at around 45k starting.

This was in 2001, so add probably around 10k to those prices.
          So how much do you make now? :D

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
          There's definitely a correlation between the Size/Type of the Company and the Salary you'll get. How large is this company? What exactly do they do?
          They provide the IT infrastructure, like those of very large companies, to smaller and mid-sized companies who can't afford to do it themselves. So basically companies would come to us for outsourcing their IT work.
          They're a startup... 2employees (i think) :D This is the guys 2nd company, he sold the 1st in India. I'm really not to concerned with the salary because if the company takes off I'll be taking off with them. He told me about 2 dozen times that he's looking for someone to grow with the company into a managerial (is that a word?) position.

Comment

What do you call it when someone actually screams at you?

Congrats on the job. It doesn't sound like you're all that excited about it. He's probably hoping you stay a while but expects you to leave in a short while.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

"Step into my office. Why? Cause you're fuckin' fired!"

Comment

Originally posted by schmidty View Post
                So how much do you make now? :D
                Well, I'm an I.T. Director for an international channel sales company, so I'll let you imagine.

Way more then most 24 year olds without college need to make.

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  What do you call it when someone actually screams at you?

Congrats on the job. It doesn't sound like you're all that excited about it. He's probably hoping you stay a while but expects you to leave in a short while.
                  it's actually quiet the opposite but thank you

Comment

I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell ya. It's a weird thing to say. I am a fucking millionaire. I am a fucking millionaire.

And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fuckin' senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very fucking good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm.

Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fuckin' have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet. What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

^Yes!
                      Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                      Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Schmidty, you are still young and while you think you know everything, there's still a lot that a new job can teach you. If I were you, I would take the job and learn as much as possible. You will probably grow with the company, because he company is you and the other guy... Take that job and show your new employer as much enthusiasm as possible. Put all that experience in your baggage for your next job. Don't email your prospective employer. Have lunch if he is local.
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          Schmidty, you are still young and while you think you know everything, there's still a lot that a new job can teach you. If I were you, I would take the job and learn as much as possible. You will probably grow with the company, because he company is you and the other guy... Take that job and show your new employer as much enthusiasm as possible. Put all that experience in your baggage for your next job. Don't email your prospective employer. Have lunch if he is local.
                          I in no way think I know everything (not sure where you got that from). I know this job is a great opportunity for me and I am totally stoked about it. I still have a lot to learn and one of the reasons I am so exited about this job is that it will give me the opportunity to do that and to advance with the company. I am looking at this job as a very long term career opportunity (as is the employer) and plan on giving 110% because I am very passionate about the field and discovering/using new technologies.

Comment

There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the fucking President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.

Comment

I live in the DC area and make 50k with only 2 years of experience and I'm still working on my college degree. 50k may be quite a bit in other parts of the country but its OK by standards around here unless I want to live in places where I'll get shot. Benifits are nice tho... IT sucks, keep programming ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                                I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell ya. It's a weird thing to say. I am a fucking millionaire. I am a fucking millionaire.

And guess how old I am. Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A fuckin' senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I'm very fucking good at my job, or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kessef. You are the future big swinging dicks of this firm.

Now, you all look money hungry, and that's good. Anybody tells you money is the root of all evil doesn't fuckin' have any. They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby.

You want details? Fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet. What's up? I have a ridiculous house in the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid
                                Great movie............
                                Kevin

www.seatkit.com New Site first week of April 2011
                                Your DIY upholstery source
                                e30tech forum sponsor
                                E46 uphosltery kits coming soon..........
                                kchinn@creativeoptions.info

Comment

Working...
                                X