I just got kinda chewed out by my potential new boss

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rigmaster
    replied
    congrats

    now, hook me up with some wireless interwebz at the new house......

    ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    score... still got the job

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by silversleeper
    But then again, it is Clayton, NC of all places. I don't know shit bout that area.
    well, per my last post, the job is actually near RTP (Raleigh, NC) with a great job market, so yeah, i didn't think 50k was a lot

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    [nubs] [get busy on knees] [pencil peepee itt] [fredkjk !]

    Leave a comment:


  • silversleeper
    replied
    OMG, how do you guys survive thinking that 50k is a lot of money. If he has a degree, and some experience, I don't see why he isn't making AT LEAST 60k.

    But then again, it is Clayton, NC of all places. I don't know shit bout that area.

    Leave a comment:


  • schmidty
    replied
    Originally posted by browntown
    You didn't get chewed out, you got told you're like every other young guy and are asking for too much. 50k is a ton of money for an entry level job in NC
    50k is avg. for comp. sci. major according to the interwebz. NC (RTP specifically) has a great (competitive) job market for comp. sci/eng. One company I interviewed for offered 40K which they admitted is low but they had great benefits.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by Teaguer
    [you're fired !!] [you're the weakest link , goodbye] [the tribe has spoken]
    Vicariously living via in post "tags".

    Leave a comment:


  • Teaguer
    replied
    [you're fired !!] [you're the weakest link , goodbye] [the tribe has spoken]

    Leave a comment:


  • browntown
    replied
    You didn't get chewed out, you got told you're like every other young guy and are asking for too much. 50k is a ton of money for an entry level job in NC

    Leave a comment:


  • DEV0 E30
    replied
    You can forget working for me and my company. I know what an E30 is, because I have one myself.












    /zomg!fredkjk!

    Leave a comment:


  • I just got kinda chewed out by my potential new boss

    Guy sent me an offer after a really good interview. So I emailed him back asking if any additional benefits (other than health insurance) would be available in the future and since they weren't available now if he could up my salary to what I told him I had expected (50k, he offered 47.5k).

    He told me that his offer was more than competitive in the field (IT) and that it was higher than most/all the other applicants. Then he said based on my questions, he honestly believed I would be better off seeking employment that better matches my degree (comp. sci).

    I emailed him back apologizing, telling him I am used to the salary/benefit expectation in the software development field (which is what I had been applying for in the past) which he admitted is higher. I told him I am definitely more passionate and ambitious about a career in IT than software development and would still love to work for his company.

    What do you guys think? Am I screwed? Was I asking for too much? This was pretty much an entry level position (although I do have 3-4 years mixed experience in IT and software development) for a start-up company.

    ps... hope he doesn't read r3v cause he knew what an e30 was....
Working...