Awesome! Uncontacted tribe in the Amazon...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • James
    replied
    hurry up, they need starbucks! and credit cards!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • mitch500
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
    I am going to go in and become their god

    they will probably eat you,.

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    Yeah this had me all fascinated when I saw it on CNN during the week.

    ---

    lol Skota!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • skota
    replied
    Originally posted by Maluco
    I call bullshit, dudes wearing E30trash's shoes.

    Leave a comment:


  • VT_E30
    replied
    Originally posted by TwistyTunedE30
    wtf was that movie with tim allen....his kid was some native.
    i think its called jungle to jungle or something like that... i could be wrong though

    Leave a comment:


  • TwistyTunedE30
    replied
    wtf was that movie with tim allen....his kid was some native. anyhoo... at this point in time i think i would prefer to be unaware of alot of crap going on in the world these days, castaway style would be perfect IMO.

    Leave a comment:


  • equate975
    replied
    Haha, noobs, trying to shoot down a helicopter with arrows!

    I always wanted to take one of those people to a modern western city and teach them about our things, just to see what they would do. Of course my views on things would be very skewed and I would probably get side tracked and tell them things that are not real.

    Like a foreign exchange student in school we convinced that "fuck you" was the proper way to address teacher/older people.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Wow. I will be reading more about this.

    Leave a comment:


  • T Verdier
    replied
    Oompaloompas?

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    I just think about it because Im like sitting at school to get grades for The Man. I mean I love school and education and all but sometimes it's so tedious and a lot of the classes are really repeatitive and then I just go to work doing the same thing everyday like I am a robot. I love being outdoors. I wouldn't mind living in the tropics eating mangosteens all day long. Sure it is hard work but you are only there for survival.

    I do get back into reality though. Their alcohol would probably make me go blind. Plus my survival skills pretty much suck. We did evolve for a reason and even if there are people who don't embrace the technology we have there are things we can't just ignore. Modern medicine was mentioned by someone. Or going hungry because a hunt didn't go as planned.

    This reminds of that that show Going Tribal. Sucks they don't show it anymore. It was awesome And I was amazed at how people live. Some crazy rituals are still around not to mention what people do for food/shelter etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Raxe
    replied
    Originally posted by e34john
    Read about that the other day. Really interesting and really sad for the fate of so many in the modern world. Its ending pretty quick for a lot of the indigenous tribes. I wish sometimes we can go back to a hunting gathering society.
    You just reminded me that for some reason I was thinking about just that earlier today, what a coincidence that this article popped up tonight.

    While we would have avoided a lot of problems in the world if we would have stuck with traditional hunter-gatherer society, the standard of living would be atrocious compared to what we have today. Yes, we slave away at jobs for most of our lives, watching clocks and looking forward to tomorrow. But if you think about it, we live far better lives then any medieval king or queen ever could have imagined. We have fresh fruit available from all over the planet at our fingertips, we have every bit of information available at the click of a button, we have medicine and cures for so many diseases and we have the ability to travel anywhere in the world in comfort and safety.

    In the end I would still personally rather work my days away, living in modern society with all of its opportunities and advantages then live in the wild. Then again, I'm sure those people live happy lives and there's nothing wrong with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • 808BMW
    replied
    Originally posted by z31maniac
    Well you know where you can move to.
    It would only take a sneeze to wipe them out. No visitors allowed ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by e34john
    Read about that the other day. Really interesting and really sad for the fate of so many in the modern world. Its ending pretty quick for a lot of the indigenous tribes. I wish sometimes we can go back to a hunting gathering society.
    Well you know where you can move to.

    Leave a comment:


  • e34john
    replied
    Read about that the other day. Really interesting and really sad for the fate of so many in the modern world. Its ending pretty quick for a lot of the indigenous tribes. I wish sometimes we can go back to a hunting gathering society.

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    Oompaloompas?

    Leave a comment:

Working...