No announcement yet.

Toyota Prius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will keep my enviroment killing diesel thank you.

When a Prius can pull a 13-15k lb fifth wheel camper a 18k Lb horse trailer and also drag nearly anything I need 4 miles off the road through a muddy field or up a mountain 2 track w/ 3 feet of snow cover to get to the Job then I will look into it.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 06-11-2008, 07:53 PM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

i drive an accord, enjoy 35 mpgs, plus i dont look like a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles
      Originally posted by Mr Watsonsilver
      driving boards?

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post

And another thing, if you want to go on a trip out of town for a week or two, you might as well hire a car sitter for your vehicle because the batteries have to be charged a minimum of 1/2 hour every two weeks. What happens if you don't? Not only with the batteries slowly deteriorate, you get the great pleasure of voiding the warranty. That's right you have to charge it 1/2 hour every two weeks or your warranty is voided and you have to pay out of pocket for new batteries which once again, are not cheap.
        Huh?:? I have never, ever, heard that before. I work on Prius' everyday, been to the actual Toyota hybrid classes, and have never heard something like that.

The only thing i can possibly relate from that statement is that the 12v auxillary battery is tiny, and does not hold a charge as well as a normal car battery would. But the AGM(absorbed glass mat) battery in a Prius versus a normal flooded-type battery in any road car are way different.

I can count on one hand the amount of Toyota hybrids i've seen have the main battery replaced since they were introduced back in 2000. And they've all been warranty. Overall, they are pretty reliable. I've had my share of headaches with the older first generation Prius, as that would be the only one i would tend to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinho View Post
          I don't like them. Not only are the butt fucking ugly, but i've been hit 3 times walking across the street cause the mother fuckers are so quiet :(
          Are you blind or just fucking stupid?

Comment

25K for a Prius...no thanks.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinho View Post
              I don't like them. Not only are the butt fucking ugly, but i've been hit 3 times walking across the street cause the mother fuckers are so quiet :(
              What are you, blind? Didn't your mother ever teach to to look both ways before crossing the street?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                I will keep my enviroment killing diesel thank you.

When a Prius can pull a 13-15k lb fifth wheel camper a 18k Lb horse trailer and also drag nearly anything I need 4 miles off the road through a muddy field or up a mountain 2 track w/ 3 feet of snow cover to get to the Job then I will look into it.
                Yes, because we all pull 15000 pound trailers through mud and snow everyday to pick up groceries and go to our slackass white collar jobs. The Prius is ok for some people. I would take an old cheap civic hatch if I was that worried about gas, as it would be much cheaper in the end even if it is slightly worse on gas.
                sigpic

Comment

I dont know how the demand for a Prius is in your area but here in NY its nuts! Its also the "it" car right now. You cant even test drive one. They are selling for 3K over MSRP and there is a 4 month wait. If you want to test drive one you have to order it then when the car gets here you test drive the car if you want it.. you buy it... if not the dealer will have many many other people to sell it to.

I think these cars are cool and even if the carbon foot print of building and using this car is not substantially less then a conventional small car it puts people's in the right mind set namely thinking about the environment and decreasing dependency of oil .

Although Toyota is dominating right now its fueling Honda and the likes to think harder and bring more fuel efficient cars into the market.... I give this car two thumbs up.

Comment

Wow. The Yota Prius is the IT car right now in New york mother fucking city?

Id drive a Prius, as long as its slammed to the ground on some Works....

Comment

Originally posted by douche bag
                      Are you blind or just fucking stupid?
                      Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                      What are you, blind? Didn't your mother ever teach to to look both ways before crossing the street?
                      First 2 times I was chasing the dog, and the last time, I had the rightaway, as i was in a crosswalk... I'm sure the first hit looked epic though, I was probably running about 15 mph.

Comment

I work for Toyota and i fucking hate the prius. I really don't have anything against the car other than the over-hyped fuel economy. From what i heard through upper management, the actual economy tests that were conducted were biased and unrealistic driving conditions. They still are very economical but not what a lot of people are expecting. Most of the returning customers say that they experience an average of 40-46 mpg.

The real reason i hate the prius is the fucking owners. Some are level headed people that are just looking to cut their bottom line in fuel costs, which is all good. However the prius tends to bring out the fucking eco-whackjobs that make me sick with their hypocrisy. One customer didn't want any chemicals used to prep her car for delivery because she was worried about the runoff into the environment. Bitch if you are so worried about chemical impact on the environment, you should be walking.

Originally posted by Chap0223 View Post
                        I actually got one in March. I am averaging 54 mpg (including winter). Current tank is at 61.2 mpg. It's pretty badass.
                        Salespeople will try and convince you of those numbers just to get you in a new car. I don't think any of them actually believe what they preach. Also, the prius is rated at 45-48 and i don't know of any companies that underrate their cars.

When it comes down to saving money on gas i would go buy a cheap civic or crx and get the same economy for an eighth of the price.

Comment

you should all buy the new VW 1 liter. Your Prius is a gas guzzler.
                          PNW Crew
                          90 m3
                          06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post

Salespeople will try and convince you of those numbers just to get you in a new car. I don't think any of them actually believe what they preach. Also, the prius is rated at 45-48 and i don't know of any companies that underrate their cars.

When it comes down to saving money on gas i would go buy a cheap civic or crx and get the same economy for an eighth of the price.
                            It's not that they underrate their cars, they try to give an accurate depiction of what typical drivers expect to see. I know how to maximize the efficiency of the vehicle and have routinely seen tanks over 60 mpg. The EPA rating prior to 2008 for the prius was 61 city, 55 highway.

I just took a quick picture of the MFD on the current tank (at this rate I can get 700 miles to the tank):
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                              I would buy a Honda FIT or any other cheap / light 4 cyl car over an expensive prius full of batteries..... anyday of the week.
                              i would too, but an old one

80's civic = 40-50 mpg w00t
                              BRUTE

Comment

Originally posted by Chap0223 View Post
                                The EPA rating prior to 2008 for the prius was 61 city, 55 highway.
                                Those were the overrated numbers that got toyota in trouble. The tests conducted were unrealistic to actual driving conditions and were conducted in order to try and get the highest rating. IE driving the car at a 50-55 cruising speed instead of the 65-70 mph they should have been. I'm not saying its a bad car, i just think there is more hype than solution with the Prius. I will say from what i have been told, the Prius is probably the best hybrid out there as far as economy and overall technology. It pisses on the honda hybrids.

Comment

Working...
                                X