Which should I buy Dodge Charger RT or Dodge Magnum RT

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • lucky7
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean5294
    i wish :p oddly enough i did see a new challenger on the highway when i was on my way to Florida last week. the only problem is i need a car with 4 doors. i have a one year old daughter
    ive seen them out on the road for the past 4 months. saw 2 car haulers full of them yesterday on the highway. even went for a drive in one 2 weeks ago. they're ok. not as fast as i had expected. granted they only come in auto's for the first year. interior is kinda tacky IMO. its a dodge though. i suppose its really good for a chrysler. haha.[

    anyhow, id personally get a 300c. it looks leaps better than the other 2. magnum is tacky looking. the charger....meh. whatever. id rather have a marauder than those 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • yberther
    replied
    Originally posted by asbradley21
    i'd rather buy a porsche. Or a bunch of e30's
    .
    +1 :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolla1990
    Charger.... Daytona for sure. Just remember that these cars get really expensive to maintain once they're out of warranty. And the front suspensions are a total POS reliability wise (broken tie-rods, loose ball joints, wheel bearings, tons of clunks and rattles by 40k miles). I know because I work on them daily.
    how are they as far as the drive train goes?

    Leave a comment:


  • MoparJ
    replied
    Originally posted by atomic


    Dodge Challenger SRT8 hemi


    /thread...
    Yep!

    A customer just picked his up at my work today.....he probably would not have been very happy if he knew that every lot attendant there test-drove it around the parking lot before he got there. They probably put a good ten miles on the odo just cruising the dealership. ;) Pictures just do not do it justice; it's every bit as cool as the original.

    As far as a Charger vs. a Magnum: I like Magnums, but they aren't going to make them anymore, and there is fairly decent performance aftermarket support for the Charger.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    My vote. e39 540 Touring...

    You can pick up a clean example for a good price.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink
    I love Challengers. I had a 71 440 Magnum RT/SE with a 6 pack when I was 18.

    That said Dodge is in serious trouble, I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole especially if I had a 1 year old.
    Really? I have not had any problems with the Magnum thus far. As far as design go I think they are way ahead of other American Manufactures.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    I love Challengers. I had a 71 440 Magnum RT/SE with a 6 pack when I was 18.

    That said Dodge is in serious trouble, I would not touch them with a 10 foot pole especially if I had a 1 year old.

    Leave a comment:


  • Asbradley21
    replied
    I saw the challenger last weekend at a rolex race. The price was ridiculous. The base price was something like 37k, then it somehow went up to 41k, then something called ADM added 25k and it ended up being 61k. I'd rather buy a Porsche. Or a bunch of e30's

    Go with the Charger.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rolla1990
    replied
    Charger.... Daytona for sure. Just remember that these cars get really expensive to maintain once they're out of warranty. And the front suspensions are a total POS reliability wise (broken tie-rods, loose ball joints, wheel bearings, tons of clunks and rattles by 40k miles). I know because I work on them daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean5294
    i wish :p oddly enough i did see a new challenger on the highway when i was on my way to Florida last week. the only problem is i need a car with 4 doors. i have a one year old daughter

    Front seats fold forward and before you know it she will be getting in and out on her own... ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Just to compare and contrast:







    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by atomic


    Dodge Challenger SRT8
    hemi


    /thread...
    i wish :p oddly enough i did see a new challenger on the highway when i was on my way to Florida last week. the only problem is i need a car with 4 doors. i have a one year old daughter

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by Aptyp
    Since your wife already had magnum for that extra space, get a Charger.

    In lime green with tire marks across.
    i have driven a Plum Purple Charger RT, it hauled some serious ass :D
    But then again I like the Magnum because it's a sleeper.

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied


    Dodge Challenger SRT8 hemi


    /thread...

    Leave a comment:


  • Sean5294
    replied
    Originally posted by Money$hift
    v6 ftl
    you would be surprised, it's pretty quick for its size.

    Leave a comment:

Working...