insurance claims.. suggestions please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insurance claims.. suggestions please.

im not really good at composing messages like this.. just bear with me for a sec please.. ok so here goes..

took my mom and sisters to mulligan's last night.. (kinda like chuck e chesse).we were almost done.. they were standing at the booth to exchange their tickets for goodies. the ticket booth was next to the cashier where there are people (kids mainly) standing in line. in between the cashier and the ticket booth was a metal height scale, probably about 5'6 tall. what they've told me was that a kid (well, a 17 year old guy) who was standing in the cashier line to the ticket booth ( there was a rail that guides the cashier line). i hope im not boring you with this.

so.. kid tried to cross where hes not supposed to and accidentally bumped the height scale. height scale fell on my mom's foot.

we asked for the manager and the security guard came out and gave us a form. i asked him if he was the manager there.. he said no im a security guard. i asked again wheres the manager? he said.. oh you actually want the manager? pissed me off. i just said yes i actually want the manager. so he left to call the manager and the head security guard came out. talked to us for about 2-3mins. eventualy the supervisor came out. all of them tried to talk to me.. basically telling me that this is not the stores fault and that they are not responsible for these kinda stuff. so i said.. how come the height scale is not bolted down to the ground. dont you guys think that there will be kids running around here? eventually this thing is gonna fall down and hit somebody. so the head security guy responded.. sir weve had this here for about 3 years now and this has never happened before. and the conversation went on.. again.. telling me that theyre not responsible (the store is not responsible). head security also told me that if we wanted to go after the stores insurance.. by all means do it. so i said ok. give me the insurance information. haha.. he told me that the vice president will give me a call and give that to me. i said no. thats not ok. i cant take your word for it. i need that insurance info and the vice presidents number. i cant just wait for the store's vice president to give us a call. theres no assurance that he will give me a call. so i need his number. finally the supervisor gave me the card of the vice president. but ofcourse theres no direct line.. and she asked me if i wanted the number of the general manager. i said.. well of course i would like that right? so she wrote it down. again.. conversations went on after that.

the head security annoyed me and pissed me off actually. trying to act tough when i can see that he is not. i wanted beat the crap outta him.. i prolly cant but that was how i felt.

anyway.. what would you guys do? go after insurance company right?

my mom foot is ok by the way if any of you are wondering.. i took her to kaiser last night to get xrayed. no broken bones (thank God!). just swolen and hurting pretty bad.

we're not trying to get money from the insurance.. just to clear this out.. we just want to get the $100 e.r. fee.. and compensation/consolation for my mom getting hurt and not being able to work for 2 days.

comments/suggestions?
    thanks for reading.

-dave

weekend warrior!

truly the only way to get that is to Lawyer up. Your going to spend more time trying than what its worth to collect.

Good luck!
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^
      Might be true, but who would turn up a chance to stick it to the MAN.

Comment

Vedubin01 - tnx.

Originally posted by Jaygo333 View Post
        ^^
        im not sure if i know what you mean.

weekend warrior!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaygo333 View Post
          ^^
          Yeah, nothing like going up against a multi-billion dollar company with hundreds of lawyers.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Your going to spend more time trying than what its worth to collect.
            +1

I doubt that they will award you for any other lost time or expenses as a result of persuing the case. I've seen instances in civil court where the plaintiff was awarded for lost wages as a result of being in court that day but getting compensated for the time it takes to get affidavits, notorized documents, etc. is very difficult if there is no permanent damage.

Thankfully it was just a painful bruise and not something worse.

Comment

Working...
            X