I just rear-ended somebody
Collapse
X
-
Lol. Well, heres the thing. I was taking a friends mom to work. We were sitting at a light waiting to turn left. The old-ass lady was first in the lane to turn, i was right behind her. Light turns green, we start moving. Then while im looking to the right a lil to watch for cars on that side. This lady decides that its a great idea to stomp on her brakes in the middle of an intersection on a green light.:hitler: ugh..then had the nerve to tell the cop i was racing throught the light..:crazy:Leave a comment:
-
That sounds like my situation last year... I rear-ended a girl and her baby-daddy in their '95 Buick at about 2mph from a stop. They started to pull away, I looked left for traffic and then they decided to stop. Yay. I'm still trying to figure out how they made off with almost $6000 in "injury" settlements when the damage to their car came to about $700.....:???:So today, my boss gets a call from the guy's insurance company with all kinds of great news. First, the damage to the Volvo is over $2500, and second, now the guy is making appointments with a chiropractor, complaining of back pain. I couldn't have been doing more than 2 mph when I hit him. But of course, the guy knows it's a company truck, so he's trying to get all he can from it.Leave a comment:
-
-
oh man, people are great..I rear-ended a lady back in 05. she was born in 1932..Leave a comment:
-
So today, my boss gets a call from the guy's insurance company with all kinds of great news. First, the damage to the Volvo is over $2500, and second, now the guy is making appointments with a chiropractor, complaining of back pain. I couldn't have been doing more than 2 mph when I hit him. But of course, the guy knows it's a company truck, so he's trying to get all he can from it.Leave a comment:
-
i rear ended some guy in heavy traffic once because i was flirting with to girls in the lane to the right of me. luckily i didn't do any damage to his mazda speed 2. i only fucked up his plate frame and he didn't give a fuck. i just felt like a dumb ass.Leave a comment:
-
my brother had something kind of similar. he was backing out of our BMW mechanics place and didn't see the lady and hit her. crushed her front right put a small dint in his bmw. lol.
but then a few weeks later he was in a turn lane and a guy plowed right into his whole left side of the car. now he has to find doors, great.Leave a comment:
-
Sorry to hear about your rear ending; glad it turned out ok-ish.
Interesting side debate. I always leave the clutch in and my car in gear when I'm at a light. Always. Yes, I come from a motorcycle background as well, so maybe that's where it comes from. It takes a lot longer to put the clutch in, hit first, and let the clutch out in an emergency situation than it does to just let the clutch out. Arguing that it's harder on your TOB is like me saying "lol, you'll wear out your shifter bushings that much faster shifting twice more at every light." Neither will have much effect over and above normal wear and tear, IMO.Leave a comment:
-
haha, true, but I'm also stock so the clutch isn't heavy at all. My old ACT clutch in 300Z was nasty, it would throw your foot off the pedal.Leave a comment:
-
if you buy a truck I strongly recomend a Toyota, Tacomas are getting pretty resonable.Leave a comment:
-
I did that in HS, bumped a friend's rustang with my custom 914 powered type 2 V-dub bus. I felt like an idiot. I only left two dimples from the front plate screws.Leave a comment:
-
only if I can see the lights turning yellow from the other direction, or I'm rolling downhill and I *really* don't want to stop. :pLeave a comment:
-
Do you ever roll up to a stop light when its gonna turn red in a few seconds and just leave it in gear? I do that all the time. I only take it out if its a fresh light or I know its a long light. Clutch is usually in for 5 or 10 seconds tops.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: