I just rear-ended somebody

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hartge_H27
    replied
    well glad there were no other problems. hopfully u will find a truck soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    no, but an E30 isn't a motorcycle. I'll save my TOB thanks - plus the 618pp is a little to stiff to sit with my foot on it for 5 minutes.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    you sit at stop lights with your foot on the clutch and the car in gear?
    Originally posted by Danny
    I thought the same thing

    I bet neither of you guys have, or have had, motorcycles.

    Every instructor and book on the topic of street safety tells you to do exactly that, so that you are prepared to get out of the way if need be.

    Sorry to hear about the luck Mr. Anderson, that shit sucks!

    Leave a comment:


  • DarkWing6
    replied
    i rearened a volvo with my dad's truck doing almost the same thing. luckily the damage was really only to my dad's truck and nothing major, so i got out of there ok.

    Leave a comment:


  • daniel
    replied
    i almost rear-ended someone today while driving a volvo. irony.

    Leave a comment:


  • assoutE12
    replied
    I had a simalir accident right after I got my e30. I was stoped at a red light and started to go when the cars to my left in the turn lane started taking off. I realized what I was doing and slamed on the breaks but it was too late, I bumped the taurus in front of me. The dude in front of me (who was an off duty cop) was a huge dick about it, saying that his daughter said her back hurt, talking about how he has lived here all his life and people keep wrecking into him.
    The funny thing was at the time my car was not yet registered (had just bought it), I didn't have insurance yet and my DL was suspended (for past due tickets or some shit I don't remember. It was a pretty amusing scene, but I somehow managed to talk my way out of getting arrested or having my car impounded, and was allowed to drive away. The dude I hit was fucking irate!

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Mariano did that to me once!

    Leave a comment:


  • adept
    replied
    I've made the same mistake before in the e30. Wasn't fast enough to do any damage. Only thing that happened was the cover for the tow hook popped out.

    Seems like everyone in this thread has made this mistake :zzz:

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    That sucks bro!

    Strangely, I saw a garbage truck rear-end the shit out of a pickup today on a local 2 lane highway. Everyone was OK fortunately.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    Originally posted by e30sd
    IS the pnw like CA? rear ends are always the 2nd driver's fault.
    thats not always true. i rearended someone that pulled out in front of me when they didnt use a turn signal and were talking on the phone. i gave her my insurance info, and even though i could have rubbed the scuff out of her bumper by hand she reported it. my insurance company said she was at fault for an unsafe lane change.

    Leave a comment:


  • Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    I thought the same thing
    x3

    Leave a comment:


  • 325_e30
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    at least that's better than no-fault states, where if you get hit by somebody you share half the blame just for being in their way. :roll:

    Don't know what state your talking about but in FLA the fault still goes to one person..and we are a "no-fault" state.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerista
    Now that you can't drive the company truck, what are you going to do now??
    Drive my car for a couple of days, I'm going to go look at cheap-ish pickups this weekend. I've been wanting to get a pickup as a DD for a while now anyway, I hated driving that POS company truck.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    you sit at stop lights with your foot on the clutch and the car in gear?
    I thought the same thing

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by equate975
    Damn that sucks, at least everyone was cool like you said and you didn't like plow into the guy at 80mph.

    I had a similar mishap in my jetta the other day. I was wearing sandals (which I never wear) and I had the edge of my foot on the clutch pedal at a stop light with it in gear. Then my sandal folded over and I popped the clutch out and chirped the wheels. Lucky no one was around me. Felt like a fool though lol, never did that before.
    you sit at stop lights with your foot on the clutch and the car in gear?

    Leave a comment:

Working...