I just rear-ended somebody

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TDE30
    replied
    Eh, shit happens. At least it was in the company car though.

    Leave a comment:


  • Van Westervelt
    replied
    Hey Joshy, come rear-end me and see how "cool" I would be about it! Haha

    Sorry bout your luck bro.

    Leave a comment:


  • equate975
    replied
    Damn that sucks, at least everyone was cool like you said and you didn't like plow into the guy at 80mph.

    I had a similar mishap in my jetta the other day. I was wearing sandals (which I never wear) and I had the edge of my foot on the clutch pedal at a stop light with it in gear. Then my sandal folded over and I popped the clutch out and chirped the wheels. Lucky no one was around me. Felt like a fool though lol, never did that before.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerista
    replied
    Now that you can't drive the company truck, what are you going to do now??

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by e30sd
    IS the pnw like CA? rear ends are always the 2nd driver's fault.
    at least that's better than no-fault states, where if you get hit by somebody you share half the blame just for being in their way. :roll:

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Originally posted by e30sd
    IS the pnw like CA? rear ends are always the 2nd driver's fault.
    Yep, rear-ender is the rear-ender's fault.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30sd
    replied
    IS the pnw like CA? rear ends are always the 2nd driver's fault.

    Leave a comment:


  • eric (^__^)
    replied
    so this is why volvos always have busted corner markers/tail lights?

    Leave a comment:


  • wannaBMthree
    replied
    Crazy. I did the same thing last week in my company truck. The real crazy thing is the kids were from bend. Lucky I only scratched their bumper...

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    Yeah, I immediatley jumped out and started profusely apologizing, and busted out all the insurance stuff for him. He was really cool about it, I wish more people could be like that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    that sucks, i had that kind of accident before, but i hit a crackhead or something. Lady came out and didn't want to call cops or trade insurance or anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    pwned.

    Leave a comment:


  • rwh11385
    replied
    so when do you get the pink slip?
    Last edited by rwh11385; 08-28-2008, 05:26 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    started a topic I just rear-ended somebody

    I just rear-ended somebody

    But it wasn't in my car.

    :D

    Gotcha, didn't I? It was in my company truck just about an hour ago. I was waiting at a light at an off-ramp, with a silver Volvo S70 in front of me. I was looking around the corner for cars coming, and I must not have had my foot on the brake pedal very well, because before I knew what was going on, I was lurching forward. Before I could stomp back on the brakes, I bumped into the Volvo, busted his taillight, and munched up the back of the fender and bumper a little bit. I think my foot must have popped off the edge of the pedal or something, I honestly couldn't tell you how it happened.

    But the guy was SUPER cool about it, he wasn't even pissed off or anything. I called my boss, and he was pretty cool about it too, I just won't be allowed to drive the company pickup anymore (insurance won't let me now). Shit happens, I guess. That's why they call them accidents, I suppose. I still feel like a dumbass.
Working...