Obama sends his minions to silence critics...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pinepig
    replied
    I believe a way has been found to stop the shit spewing.

    Have them put their money where their mouth is. ( crickets )

    How bout you Lair, all puss or what.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Cabrio
    I'm in too. Anyone want to take me up on it?

    Loser doesn't post for 30 days following the official outcome of the 2008 Presidential Election.

    I'll take McCain.

    Personally, I think wagering on something that you have no control of the outcome is foolish, but my intuition tells me that the Obama supporters are much like Obama - all talk and no action.

    Disclaimer: Must be a member of the forum for a minimum of 1 year and 250 posts to avoid people from registering under a new name and then wagering to keep it honest.

    In other words, you must be a fairly established member of this forum.

    Any of you Obamabots game?
    Hello? Anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    Fucking A, a Trifecta of conservatives wiped out all at once.


    Game?
    Even at three to one odds he's all puss.

    Leave a comment:


  • joshh
    replied
    All I know is Obama has a record of voting to tax the tax payers more and has not set about how he's going to do any one of the actions he says he's going to do.
    He's all talk and not a single show....nothing!
    Take on look at the mans production record and it tells all. Zilch!
    He's simply a great speaker. Whoopty doo!

    Notice all he talks about are what people want to hear not what's really going to happen.

    Hell no I'm not voting for this guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by E30 Cabrio
    I'm in too. Anyone want to take me up on it?

    Fucking A, a Trifecta of conservatives wiped out all at once.


    Game?

    Leave a comment:


  • euroshark
    replied
    I saw Obama last night in person, and while I am not sure who I'm going to vote for yet (I won the tickets at random and I'm not registered either way), he was a powerful speaker and the crowd went ape shit. They are all actors to some point and they all promise more than they can reasonably provide in my opinion, but people seem to love the guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    I'm in too. Anyone want to take me up on it?

    Loser doesn't post for 30 days following the official outcome of the 2008 Presidential Election.

    I'll take McCain.

    Personally, I think wagering on something that you have no control of the outcome is foolish, but my intuition tells me that the Obama supporters are much like Obama - all talk and no action.

    Disclaimer: Must be a member of the forum for a minimum of 1 year and 250 posts to avoid people from registering under a new name and then wagering to keep it honest.

    In other words, you must be a fairly established member of this forum.

    Any of you Obamabots game?

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    Why should I? Give me one good reason why I should humor your delusions of superiority over me.
    All talk, no action.

    Much like Fauxbama...

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Cabrio
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    Wow, you guys are fucking retarded. Do you not know how to read a thermometer?

    Sea Ice drops to 2nd lowest level in recorded history (lowest level ever was last year):



    Anyone who says the earth isn't warming has their head so far up their ass they're licking the back of their throat. It's kind of like saying, 'the earth is flat and the sun revolves around us and it's only 5000 years old'.

    Do you really believe the earth isn't getting warmer?
    So what happened to the impending Ice Age that was hyped in the mid-1970's by much of the same type of crowd that is pushing global warming now?

    And how do you explain satellites orbiting 25,000 miles above Earth showing correlating temperature increases?

    Can you answer these two simple questions without resorting to insults and name-calling?

    Bonus question: Mars is showing similar patterns of warming, which also correlate with Solar activity.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    Why should I? Give me one good reason why I should humor your delusions of superiority over me.

    You can have a two for one, I'll go in on that if the Messiah wins I'll take a ride along with Vedubin01 and never come back.

    You are all puss.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by uofom3
    That's not true at all. I thought the liberal party was against social stereotypes (or is that a stereotype?).
    Yup. There are fiscal conservatives - they vote Republican.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    Originally posted by deutschman
    "before anyone goes off"
    i only said that because i wanted the first word lol!
    i know what you mean. i am not saying that everyone should be pro choice or the other. i just don't think that people should be able to tell other people what to do with themselves. i also know it's very complex, no doubt about that. so many different things to think about and take into account. i really understand arguments against pro choice as much as i do the ones for it. my mom had 5 kids and my big sister has 3 and she took care of me a lot while i was small and my mom was working. being an uncle i also have started looking at the issue differently.
    now we come into the territory of "when are you truly alive." when is it a person and at what point does the child have rights? that's the hard part. i would be interested to see what other people have to say about this! i love hearing what other people think! keep it coming uofm3!
    Well... I think people have to take the abortion issue in two parts:

    1. When does "conception" take place and the life form becomes human
    2. The morality/right/etc. of what courses of action to take AFTER that has been assessed and the pro's and con's of each.

    I personally think conception and creation of human life takes place immediately after the "act" has taken place. To take a humerous quote from a source I can't site, "If conception didn't take place immediately, why would people use condoms? take the pill?" that makes a great point IMO. So that's my stance.. the life is human at conception. Now, there is the second half.

    I think there are several different ways in which people can look at it. I think you can look at it through several lenses:
    1. Morality/Religion
    2. Economic
    3. Personal Freedom
    4. The rights of women

    I think morally it's a pretty questionable act once the baby has really become a growing human being. I don't have an issue if someone were to abort a pregnancy virtually immediately after the pregnancy was discovered or at the first possible date. You are killing a future human life, no doubt, but for some reason that is something I can stomach. I'm also not overly religious in the least, though I will identify my religious background as being "christian" in nature.

    My previous statement primarily comes from the second point; the economical cost of that life on the society at large. Say a single mother has yet another child that she can't afford. This child is going to be a burden on the state, statistically more likely to engage in crime, and will in many cases just perpetuate generational poverty. Is that baby better off dead? Well, maybe not. I'd like to think that no one is really better off dead. BUT, the benefit to society by aborting that baby is huge - the mother could live a normal life, the pre-existing chilren can have a better shot, etc.

    The real problem is, momma needs to stop being a "ho" or "weekend waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles". She needs to figure out that if she's going to jump up on that pogo-stick, there needs to be some sort of barrier for her to prevent pregnancy. People MUST be smart about their sexual activity/promiscuity. I also think that teaching abstinance is basically worthless. Kids are going to fuck like rabbits regardless - so equip them to do it safely. I would encourage girls to "keep it in their pants" and hold themselves to a higher standard... but right now I don't think that is going to happen. Abortion is a problem, but it's a bi-product of a bigger problem. I don't really care enough about this issue to go grab the statistics again, but last I saw there were certain sectors of the population that had a larger problem with this than others - and it's up to people in those communities to want to change to stop these problems. When "the folks" in America in general get real about not wanting people to have unplanned pregnancies - this will be a minute issue.

    Something I've thrown out there (which would never happen) is to put girls who have started their menstration cycle on state sanctioned birth control. Then, create some sort of reasonable financial incentive - say a 10k$ bond given to the girl at birth - that they can claim (with accompanied interest) after the age of 21 and is applicable twoards debt/school/etc. IF they can manage to make it that far without getting pregnant outside of marriage. If they pop one out - no cigar. The net cost to society of shelling out a few grand vs. taking care of a child on WICK, state health plans, education, etc. is a drop in the bucket. This would also allow more people in at-risk communities to pursue education, etc. This also still leaves these people in a situation where they can make the decision for themselves... they can follow the rules and get the money for their future or they can do whatever they want and forfeit it. I know this sounds a bit out there, and this isn't a finished thought or platform or anything, but I think some sort of strategy like this will need to be developed to help eliminate the abortion issue from one of the "major topics" by significantly reducing the need for people to get the procedure.

    Leave a comment:


  • uofom3
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    But so is every Republican. So why pick this one?
    That's not true at all. I thought the liberal party was against social stereotypes (or is that a stereotype?).

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    No not really, it was a play on words. How is he going to get the government to do what he wants them to do...... thats what you dont get. He is nothing but a puppet that is using what everyone wants to hear to gain the presidency.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    But Obama has not proven one time how all this change is going to happen.
    Apparently you didn't watch TV last night. Go down the list of EVERY issue facing America today. He touched on every one of them and explained his methods/solutions. He even explained how he would pay for the ones that cost money.

    Originally posted by BenM
    Just wanted to throw this into the mix -

    peteyandpetunia.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, peteyandpetunia.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!


    I lol'ed.

    Ben
    That's hilarious!

    Leave a comment:

Working...