Mac image viewing issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac image viewing issue.

I am kind of new to the whole mac thing so I dont know if this is normal but it is kinda annoying. When I use Finder to open a file that has 100's of .jpg pics in it in icon view, it take a second to generate each thumbnail icon. Very irritating when you are looking for a specific picture that you dont know the name of and you have to wait minutes for all the icons to generate. In Windows when you clicked on a folder filled with images all the thumbnails were there instantly. I have been using Xee to view pictures and they load instantly but its annoying flipping through 100's of pics one by one just to find the one you want. Anyone know a way to get the thumbs to generate quicker in Finder or of a better program to preview folders full of pictures.

Also on a side note. In Windows, folders in thubnail view show a selection of pics that are in the folder. Can you do this with Finder or do you just have to guess what .jpg are in each folder?

Thanks in advance... and please keep the windows vs. mac debate to another thread
    e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

go to view, then view options (or hit Apple J) then click show icon preview
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Working...
    X