Fringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fringe

Anyone else just watch the series premiere? A little predictable, but looks like it's going to shape up to be a pretty good series!

Yeah, she's hot, and the script was strange, yet like you said, predictable. It has the earmarks of the X-Files with a bit more sophistication. Evil corporations working with the evil parts of the government all aiming to kill or control us all (that's the predictable part). We'll see if that is just a twist or not.

But, overall, it was good. I'll certainly give it a chance.

Now if they would just bring back Firefly... then we'd have something.
    1987 E30 325is
    1999 E46 323i
    RIP 1994 E32 740iL
    oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Originally posted by Hallen View Post
      Yeah, she's hot, and the script was strange, yet like you said, predictable. It has the earmarks of the X-Files with a bit more sophistication. Evil corporations working with the evil parts of the government all aiming to kill or control us all (that's the predictable part). We'll see if that is just a twist or not.

But, overall, it was good. I'll certainly give it a chance.

Now if they would just bring back Firefly... then we'd have something.
      At least JJ Abrams is at the helm of this one, I consider him in the same league as Joss Whedon.

I see Fringe getting REALLY twisted and fucked up, which I like. I agree about the X-Files comment, and I think that's why I like it so much. Taking the genre in a new direction.

Comment

I enjoyed it very much. I was actually going to start a thread about it. The jaw falling off at the beginning was pretty sweet.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
        You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by madjurgen View Post
          I enjoyed it very much. I was actually going to start a thread about it. The jaw falling off at the beginning was pretty sweet.
          Definitely! That was one of the things I really liked about it, it's a lot more graphic. I don't judge a show strictly on shock value like that, but it gets the "disturbing" aspect of the show across a lot more effectively. I really liked it a lot. They're showing an encore on Sunday, I'll probably watch it again, and maybe see if there's anything new I can pick up on.

Comment

Good someone made a thread. Did anyone see the new spike lee joint preview during this premiere? There were a TON of good trailers in the LA market at least with this first episode.

And I was really excited as they are delving into more subject matter I have a background studying. Also, as a prediction/sidenote, I think all the "pictures" that pop up before the breaks are part of "The Pattern" and mean something to the bigger picture, maybe a code built into the show.

Comment

Downloading NOW, im so pissed I missed this. Its the one show Im looking forward to this season.
              Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

I really enjoyed the premier and cant wait to watch it this season, I loved the X-Files, And this look's promising.

And I saw that Spike Lee trailer and looked it up online looks pretty badass.

Miracle at St. Anna
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

i liked the plot but the acting was terrible. i was hoping for something a little more sophisticated.

Comment

The chick was a little wooden, but Joshua Jackson did well, and the guy that plays his father was awesome. Agent Scott was a pretty bad actor, too.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh jass View Post
                      i liked the plot but the acting was terrible. i was hoping for something a little more sophisticated.
                      Pasey did a decent job but he needs to try and act like his 190 a bit more.

Although most of the stuff theyre talking about/dealing with is fictional they need to try and keep the show 'technical' if you get what I mean.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
                        The chick was a little wooden, but Joshua Jackson did well, and the guy that plays his father was awesome. Agent Scott was a pretty bad actor, too.
                        I thought the chick (Anna Torv) was a bit wooden because that is her personality. They kind of hint at it at the first of the story when her BF is rolling off her and complaining about the noisy bed.

I thought I recognized her pal, Agent Charlie Francis (Kirk Acevedo). He was in Band of Brothers.

Yes, I googled the names. I had no idea what they were. http://fringewiki.fox.com/page/Anna+Torv
                        1987 E30 325is
                        1999 E46 323i
                        RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                        oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Just watched the second episode, and I'm HOOKED!

Things are starting to get much more interwoven, and there's definitely shaping up to be a real X-Files revisted vibe to the whole show.

Comment

I missed the 2nd half of the pilot and 2nd episode all together, i think I'm going to need a torrent :D

Comment

Right now, Walter is making the show. He comes up with some doozies. The kid has to start acting as smart as he is supposed to be. So far, he comes off more as a smart ass than as a hyper intelligent person.

There are some interesting twists there; I hope they can pull it together with more than a season's worth of stuff.
                              1987 E30 325is
                              1999 E46 323i
                              RIP 1994 E32 740iL
                              oo=[][]=oo

Comment

Working...
                              X