X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Unethical Media and Photojournalism

An Unethical Media and Photojournalism

This is a subject near to my heart.

Photojournalism being bent by fraudulently manipulated images for sensationalism has been a problem for many years that photojournalists and press photographers have had to cope with. More often than not a press photographer has little control over how their images are used, however they are the first to take the brunt of blame.

Most recently this has taken on something even more sinister the “Press” has become an effective purveyor of propaganda and visual communication is a powerful tool.

Aside from being a discussion worthy subject there is something than can be done.

I am loosely associated with a watch dog organization called The Organization of Ethical Photojournalism; it has always been a behind the scenes group and has never been well publicized … But it needs to be.

And recently several media outlets quite easily and silently managed to squash them; if you are the press it is simple to control the press.

I have been charged with and intend to boost their presence and visibility on the internet and am asking for your help.

If you have a website or Blog please link it to: http://www.digitalphotojournalist.org

I dont have any way of advertising this, but I am in full agreement on this subject.
    sigpic

Comment

we agree yet again DC
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Awesome!

Being a journalism graduate, integrity is hugely important to me. And as much as a cop out as this is, this kinda shit is exactly what kept me from a career in journalism.

Well that and the fact I'd be making shit for money.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
        X