UTI's BMW step program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTI's BMW step program

Alright, so I am looking at my options on what the hell to do with my life. I love working on cars. I love not being in front of a computer and dealing with stupid office type bs.

I've looked around for information on this and really haven't found any solid info.

Anyone here work for a bmw dealership or currently taking the course?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Im in the same exact boat as you. Im in the norwood campus in mass.

I have heard from a few of by my friends that went to the vw step program and when they got out they got nothing out of it. These guys are like working at pep boys and such still waiting for a call from vw.

I am just thinking about finishing the automotive program and taking diesel and see what my luck is afterwards.
    92 Granite Silver Vert
    M60B40 5spd

Comment

Right now I am in auto/diesel along with the alternative fuels. My understanding is that its free if you pass and work for a dealer ship for 5 years I think then you can do what ever you want.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

The three people I know that went through BMW step, hated it.

If you want to be a mechanic, go do diesel mechanics.
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

DO NOT GO INTO THE AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSION!!!!!
          find something else to do for your money!!!! you will no longer make the kind of $$$ they tell you you will at the schools.
          seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

To late for me :(

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

if you are stuck concentrate heavy on the diesel. there will always be $$ to be made there in transportation and heavy equipment.

like a wise Tech here on this fourm once said..."if you are smart enough to be a mechanic....you are too smart to be a mechanic!"

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah I am really glad I am taking diesel. Now all i got to do is find a job which impossible in avondale.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

CAT is in mesa (hard as fuck to get into)
                  Kenworth is on 59th and the maricopa
                  southwest diesel is in central phx..
                  just open up the phone book and hammer away, the bigger jump you get on your graduating class the better off you are

Comment

I mean a job right now. Turned in around 20-30 applications and have only been called a few times so far.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                      CAT is in mesa (hard as fuck to get into)
                      Kenworth is on 59th and the maricopa
                      southwest diesel is in central phx..
                      just open up the phone book and hammer away, the bigger jump you get on your graduating class the better off you are
                      Getting into Cat's program is cake, pm me. I work for Empire and got my brother in Cat's Think Big Program. As for finding a job as a Diesel tech. Call Granite, Kewitt, NPL, or anyone doing the Border Fence or Freeway construction. Empire is not hiring though, we fired 200+ people this past week.
                      1985 BMW 325e
                      1997 BMW M3/4/5
                      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Do it!!!!! Now!!!! ^^^^^^^

Comment

a buddy of mine did STEP, he was psyched to get in, finished school, worked for BMW for a couple years, he will NEVER work for them again. he's doing MUCH cooler stuff now!! he liked the money, and the fact that all the cars he worked on then were new and clean, etc but it got old, quick. if you think it would interest you, go for it!
                          "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                            DO NOT GO INTO THE AUTOMOTIVE PROFESSION!!!!!
                            find something else to do for your money!!!! you will no longer make the kind of $$$ they tell you you will at the schools.
                            haha.. this morning i was telling a junior staffer who did SAE program/automotive mechanical eng that if i were him i'd have stayed in that industry instead of IT :) of course hopefully not working for detroit. i guess grass is always greener on the other side. frankly i'm bored of IT, can't complain at all about the $$$ but it's lost it's fascination for me and i do some pretty interesting work as far as IT can get.
                            '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                            '91 SpecE30 #523
                            '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

if i never have to wrench another day in my life, my life surely will be happier, but if thats what you love go for it. I know a couple techs that got internships at bmw dealerships and worked in indie shops on the side to build their skillset
                              Greg
                              07 mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                              X