Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jflip2002 View Post
    The waters are still murky there?
    I think he means from the boats in the harbor in general. You typically don't have clear, clean harbor water.
    Advanded Delphin Division
    My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Originally posted by CBi View Post
      I have been to the Pearl Harbor Memorial on the island of Oahu.

It was as a VERY humbling and sobering experience. After the boat ride, EVERYONE is totally silent.

Many people lost their lives there. It's disheartening to look down at the murky, oil-slicked water and think of the young men who perished on that day. I think of the wives of soldiers, and the fathers of children who never came home to their loved ones.

I will say that I stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Japanese citizens at the memorial, and shared feelings of sadness.

I will never forget the day I visited Pearl Harbor. Every year that passes, on December 7th, I remember that day.
      i have been there 2 times when i was younger you have pretty much summed it up there. i always found it interesting that the sailors there harbor SOOOO much hatred towards the Japanese after all these years, but many that were in the European theater have let it go, or have a different understanding. i have never lost that many friends at once so i can't say how i would react in the same situation though
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
      X