E30 Steering Wheel Wall Clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Steering Wheel Wall Clock

I was bored today so I decided to make something useful out of my old Craptastic 4 spoke steering wheel. I replaced this wheel with an M-tech wheel.

Love it.

I'd make the arms a little bigger, though.
    turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
    Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

+1 for sure, longer arms would make it look more proportional.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

That is pretty cool.

*Waiting for James to post up a picture of some special clock he has.*
        sigpic

Comment

Dude that's so cool! I have one of those sitting around taking up space too (I think everbody does come to think of it.)

Comment

wow. i think ill make one of these for my wife for xmas. i bet shed think it would look great adorning our living room walls
            We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
            www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I think i will definitely get longer arms, I just had these laying around. This is on a wall down in my "ebay Office" It goes well with my BMW table :)
              Last edited by Sean5294; 12-07-2008, 12:35 PM. Reason: NInja Edit

Comment

I made one out of a T-star cover and a 5 dollar clock from Ikea. Get bigger needles and paint then red like we do to gauges.
                Last edited by e34john; 12-07-2008, 07:57 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

*lightbulb*

Originally posted by blunt View Post
                  wow. i think ill make one of these for my wife for xmas. i bet shed think it would look great adorning our living room walls
                  What a fine idea!

Comment

i wish i could make the clock i want to:

stock Insturment cluster
                    spedometer does hours and minutes (10=1 120=12)
                    tach does sechonds (1000rpm=10 seconds 5900rpm=59seconds)

so 115mph at 3000rpm would be 11:30 with 30 seconds

am/pm could be done with the gas gage or an idiot light or temp gage or really anything
                    would be really cool if it illuminated at like 6pm or something

but alas, i dont know how to do it and the guys that do (george and james) im sure have better things to do
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post

stock Insturment cluster

am/pm could be done with the gas gage or an idiot light or temp gage or really anything

but alas, i dont know how to do it and the guys that do (george and james) im sure have better things to do
                      Damn that sounds cool. Can't help you make it though.
                      2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                      95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                      98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post

stock Insturment cluster

could be a cool idea. I think it wouuld be easier if instead of using the needles, you had LEDs behind the gauges and they would just progessively light up the numbers in regard to the current time. would be sick to light up the fuel gauge for AM/PM and light up the temp for alarm mode then hook up the gong as an alarm.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                          could be a cool idea. I think it wouuld be easier if instead of using the needles, you had LEDs behind the gauges and they would just progessively light up the numbers in regard to the current time. would be sick to light up the fuel gauge for AM/PM and light up the temp for alarm mode then hook up the gong as an alarm.

the factory door chimes are soooo fucking annoying, it really would make an excellent alarm
                          ...what hasn’t been done to an m20 yet?

m20 Oil Stencil

Comment

I still want to make a clock out of a bent basketweave or something. Cut just the face of the wheel off with a cutoff wheel and put the clock in the center.
                            '74 2002 - Build blog at
                            nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
                              I still want to make a clock out of a bent basketweave or something. Cut just the face of the wheel off with a cutoff wheel and put the clock in the center.
                              im making one out of a spare bottle cap, you would be surprised how hard it is to cut the wheel off.

Comment

Working...
                              X