Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I learn a few bass guitar basics online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do I learn a few bass guitar basics online?

Like the title says. I just got a bass giutar and want to learn a few basics online. Thanks in advance!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
    1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
    1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Not exactly a structured tutorial but i always like to check out this guy's videos.
    Maybe you can follow his lead; lots of vids :up:

& his Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ALIONBASS
    Last edited by mtechnik; 12-26-2008, 07:13 PM.

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

there used to be a lot of available tablature online, but i guess it was illegal so its not available anymore.

Comment

Its illegal??? damn. Theres tons of 6-string tablature.

Mariano

Comment

Most of the tablature that was pulled down was the midi based files a la powertab files for the powertab editor software. You can still find a great deal of text tablature on many websites. A good site for tabs would be www.ultimate-guitar.com

A great resource for what you are looking for Mariano would be www.wholenote.com

Their stuff is mainly aimed at strictly guitar and not bass, but most of the techniques can be transposed. Their sections for Instruction, Basics, and Lessons are well put together and feature Midi backing.

I thought the bass was for your pops?

Comment

You should always buy presents that you want yourself, right?

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Bass = guitar minus strings B and high E.

You should be able to play most of what you already know on guitar right away.
              Instagram
              sigpic
              Current: 99 M3
              Past: 84 325e, 84 528e

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McCooney View Post
                Most of the tablature that was pulled down was the midi based files a la powertab files for the powertab editor software. You can still find a great deal of text tablature on many websites. A good site for tabs would be www.ultimate-guitar.com

A great resource for what you are looking for Mariano would be www.wholenote.com

Their stuff is mainly aimed at strictly guitar and not bass, but most of the techniques can be transposed. Their sections for Instruction, Basics, and Lessons are well put together and feature Midi backing.

i didnt know that. i used to get tabs from basstabarchive.com, but they dont have them anymore. i will check out those other sites.

Comment

Should be lots of tabs.. that were i mostly learned, and just transferring what i new from guitar minus 2 strings

Comment

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum...isplay.php?f=6

Bass forum at UG. Very good reference point.
                    Advanded Delphin Division
                    My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McCooney View Post
                      It is. But Ive been wanting to learn to play bass for a while, my dad has also always wanted to play bass so I decided it would be a great way to shoot 2 birds with one stone and everyone wins. Im learning for myself, and to be able to teach him.

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                      You should always buy presents that you want yourself, right?
                      Its a win win situation type deal

Originally posted by BobombETA View Post
                      Bass = guitar minus strings B and high E.

You should be able to play most of what you already know on guitar right away.
                      See thats the thing. What I know of guitar is in my own kind of way of learning. I learn and play by ear. I dont know the official way of doing things, really. Ive taught myself a lot of things and I still dontknow how to read or write music. People admire that, but I think its a disadvantage. All the instruments Ive learned Ive learned very well, but without knowing how to read music. Just by memorizing songs and playing by ear.

Mariano

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
                        It is. But Ive been wanting to learn to play bass for a while, my dad has also always wanted to play bass so I decided it would be a great way to shoot 2 birds with one stone and everyone wins. Im learning for myself, and to be able to teach him.

Its a win win situation type deal

See thats the thing. What I know of guitar is in my own kind of way of learning. I learn and play by ear. I dont know the official way of doing things, really. Ive taught myself a lot of things and I still dontknow how to read or write music. People admire that, but I think its a disadvantage. All the instruments Ive learned Ive learned very well, but without knowing how to read music. Just by memorizing songs and playing by ear.

Mariano
                        I wish I took the time to read but like most, Id rather play than read.

Wholenote.com use to be my place to visit but youtube open it all up. Im all about Victor Wooten so i goto his site as well. If your feeling lucky, the Jaco vid will make most bassist scream for mercy.

COTM

Comment

Maybe you can start learning about the basics of music, like the whole note, the site also provides for other discussion related to learning about music :)

Comment

Working...
                          X