No announcement yet.

Anyone download the Windows7 Beta yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I've been running Vista 64-bit for the past 8 months and have yet to have a problem with it. I don't know why everybody hated on it so bad, but then again the 64-bit and 32-bit are a good bit different.
    I'm going to upgrade to Win7 at some point, here in the not too distant future. I've got build 7058 on a dvd sitting on top of my computer.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

It's not bad, except for the fact it's a HUGE system hog. I idle at 1.5-1.8gB RAM
      Originally posted by george graves
      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

wtf? wow. i should check to see what vista sits at. i only have 6gb's lol.
        1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
        1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
        1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
        1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
        1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
        I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

I have 4GB ram, only able to use 3 of it running the 32-bit Vista. Should be interesting to see what 4GB runs like in a 64-bit environment.

Comment

darn I got all excited then remembered I'm still on an ancient 32bit rig, which, for some ungodly reason still runs faster/smoother than anyone elses computer I know.

Win2k forever.

Comment

Originally posted by 884door View Post
              Win2k forever.
              i thought the same until SP3 for XP came along

Comment

Guess what, it's just like vista. It uses a little less ram and CPU but it's VERY similar.
                Advanded Delphin Division
                My e30s: 1987 325i/1994 318iT

Comment

I'm running the new release candidate inside of VMWare on my Ubuntu system. Works pretty decent and is leaps and bounds better than Vista. Still has the stupid UAC and some other items, but overall, pretty decent. XP still is the industry standard and I still have no thoughts of going forward with any other OS in my company.

If I do (more like when), it will be to Windows 7.
                  My new blog site: http://www.tomperso.com

Comment

Vista makes me think of Win ME

Comment

Originally posted by xLibelle View Post
                      Vista makes me think of Win ME
                      Yes, crappy, a system hog, and quickly succeeded.
                      Originally posted by george graves
                      If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Working...
                      X