Let's get serious about pot legalization.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rwh11385
    replied
    Originally posted by DCColegrove
    I did enough that I sometimes think I may still be tripping...

    Drugs and alcohol (alcohol mostly) I belive have left me permanently screwed up to some degree.
    At least we can agree on something.


    Legalize and tax the crap out of it. No more deficits from Obama's plans, and not as much spending on imprisoning or enforcing prohibition of a victimless crime, besides the user/loser. And ought to cut down on the taboo attractiveness of it. Hell, lower drinking age to 18 already too.

    Although unemployment may go up if everyone is like Farbin...

    Leave a comment:


  • Justin B
    replied
    Ok, I usually leave these threads to go their own course, but I gotta jump in.

    Self interested pot heads? Who cares. Even so, its not a tapped government resource like commercially available alcohol is. Think about what you said at that point. It would be far easier to legalize cannabis than to eliminate alcohol (again, LOL)...and that didn't work in the first place back in the prohibition days. The big brewers wouldn't have it anyway and would put untold mounds of money into lobbyists and all that gov't shit, it would never work. Give me a break. That was a genuinely crappy example, IMO. All that would do is drive crime up even more and lead to the literal meaning of boot legging all over again.

    Im for Legalization of weed. I fucking hate organized religion and all the zealots that somehow pry the government one way or the other, and those politicians that are afraid of setting an example. Get it done, if they're afraid of the people who voted for them because of religious beliefs or their own religion themselves, they shouldn't be in office. What happened to the separation of Church and State? That's a joke these days, and its bullshit. Politicians are in office for their people, of every religion, or none at all.

    If someone doesn't like something, don't take part. Of course there will be higher concentrated areas of conservatism elsewhere, but what about federally? Can we really let states thousands of miles away influence us? Of course, but why. If a federal law was passed to make it legal, couldn't local and state governments add restrictions if they felt it was such an ungodly thing?

    Land of the free?

    Leave a comment:


  • PhillyG
    replied
    Originally posted by h0lmes
    I fully agree that weed needs to stay out the hands of children. The weed smoking age should be 18. Of course thats not going to stop kids from getting it but I can't imagine it being much different than tobacco.
    Yeha it wont change anything. I just like how in a place where pot is semi legal there are less pot heads than here.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Colegrove, did you do it enough to see the clowns? For me, It was an amazing event to say the least.

    I have to draw the line somewhere, so I'll stay out of those subjects here.
    I did enough that I sometimes think I may still be tripping...

    Drugs and alcohol (alcohol mostly) I belive have left me permanently screwed up to some degree.

    Leave a comment:


  • h0lmes
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by PhillyG
    I don't think there are to many, "pothead junkies" robbing people for their next dime bag. Weed, I think makes you a lazy socially fucked up being. Why? Because the people I've been friends with for 10 years are all potheads now. I've seen through the years how weed effects us. It is in a very negative way. Although, as in Europe or Amsterdam they have made weed "boring" by limiting it's sales through small coffee shops. There are less potheads there than there are here, because of this.

    Again. I support the limited legalization of it, but not selling it in every gas station like a pack of cigs. The way people view weed here pisses me off so much. Fucking 14 year old kids smoking doing drugs n shit. Even 5 years ago it wasnt this bad. Something needs to be done.
    I fully agree that weed needs to stay out the hands of children. The weed smoking age should be 18. Of course thats not going to stop kids from getting it but I can't imagine it being much different than tobacco.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotaku
    Legalize and tax it? As if that has done anything to solve the problem of alcohol abuse?

    Get real. If you're going to anchor yourself to an argument, that ain't it.

    The numbers that "prove" weed is safer than alcohol are apples and orange scented candles. Alcohol, legal and taxed as it is, is far more readily available and thus more easily abused. Weed is not so close at hand and thus cannot contribute to any meaningful comparison of what harm it does opposed to anything else.
    Care to provide numbers to back this up? IE, studies on drug and alcohol abuse rates in countries where the two are readily available?

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Colegrove, did you do it enough to see the clowns? For me, It was an amazing event to say the least.

    I have to draw the line somewhere, so I'll stay out of those subjects here.

    Leave a comment:


  • PhillyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotaku
    Legalize and tax it? As if that has done anything to solve the problem of alcohol abuse?

    Get real. If you're going to anchor yourself to an argument, that ain't it.

    The numbers that "prove" weed is safer than alcohol are apples and orange scented candles. Alcohol, legal and taxed as it is, is far more readily available and thus more easily abused. Weed is not so close at hand and thus cannot contribute to any meaningful comparison of what harm it does opposed to anything else.

    Note that BOTH things are harmful. The watch-the-birdie argument that one thing isn't as bad as another conveniently forgets this.

    So change your argument to what it really is; give weed a chance!

    Give weed that chance to be as widely consumed as alcohol! You can make money off of it, big government! No more bailout! Woohoo! And hey, don't paint me a criminal just because I'm in favor of it!

    And when widespread weed is proven to be far more destructive than alcohol, what will you say? Stop smoking your weed long enough not to make stupid assertions like the abuse of alcohol is legal. Get stoned, drunk, angry, whatever... then go hurt someone. You'll pay no matter what it is that was compelling/compromising you.

    How about a compromise? You get your license to smoke pot and we get a signed statement from you you'll never apply for social benefits? Deal? I didn't think so.

    But hey, let's say instead that you've opened our eyes to a more serious problem. That alcohol stuff sure is dangerous. Wow. So much more harmful to the body, blah, blah, blah. Okay. I'm sold.

    Waitaminnit... why aren't we on the bandwagon to do away with booze?

    Oh yeah... self-interested pot smokers... gotcha...


    Try thinking of just one other person. A friend. A sibling. Your child. Anyone you love.

    Now imagine putting that person onto a bus being driven by a stoner.
    You must live somewhere special. I know for a fact that getting a hold of some shitty commercial type weed (bricked up 4 yearold mexican bs) is FAR easier than getting alcohol. Well at least until you are 21. 14 year old kids have access to weed like its nothing..

    Leave a comment:


  • Scotaku
    replied
    Legalize and tax it? As if that has done anything to solve the problem of alcohol abuse?

    Get real. If you're going to anchor yourself to an argument, that ain't it.

    The numbers that "prove" weed is safer than alcohol are apples and orange scented candles. Alcohol, legal and taxed as it is, is far more readily available and thus more easily abused. Weed is not so close at hand and thus cannot contribute to any meaningful comparison of what harm it does opposed to anything else.

    Note that BOTH things are harmful. The watch-the-birdie argument that one thing isn't as bad as another conveniently forgets this.

    So change your argument to what it really is; give weed a chance!

    Give weed that chance to be as widely consumed as alcohol! You can make money off of it, big government! No more bailout! Woohoo! And hey, don't paint me a criminal just because I'm in favor of it!

    And when widespread weed is proven to be far more destructive than alcohol, what will you say? Stop smoking your weed long enough not to make stupid assertions like the abuse of alcohol is legal. Get stoned, drunk, angry, whatever... then go hurt someone. You'll pay no matter what it is that was compelling/compromising you.

    How about a compromise? You get your license to smoke pot and we get a signed statement from you you'll never apply for social benefits? Deal? I didn't think so.

    But hey, let's say instead that you've opened our eyes to a more serious problem. That alcohol stuff sure is dangerous. Wow. So much more harmful to the body, blah, blah, blah. Okay. I'm sold.

    Waitaminnit... why aren't we on the bandwagon to do away with booze?

    Oh yeah... self-interested pot smokers... gotcha...


    Try thinking of just one other person. A friend. A sibling. Your child. Anyone you love.

    Now imagine putting that person onto a bus being driven by a stoner.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    ive done MDA back in the day. i dont keep up on what is what anymore as i dont have a reason to.
    I still spend a lot of time working with the human debris left over from drugs and alcohol...

    I don't really know why...

    Meetings drive me nuts.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by delfin
    DMT is still DMT, most people don't mess around with it. Ecstasy is either MDMA or MDA, or some combination of the 2, depending on what you get.
    ive done MDA back in the day. i dont keep up on what is what anymore as i dont have a reason to.

    Leave a comment:


  • DCColegrove
    replied
    Originally posted by Nic01101011
    ecstasy is MDMA, not DMT(big difference). though most ecstasy you buy is very impure with amphetamines and other stuff.
    Ooops you're right... MDMA... Memory is shot.

    DMT was more like being shot out of a cannon into a plate glass window...

    I suppose I suffered a great deal of brain damage between 1980 and 1991.
    Last edited by DCColegrove; 01-25-2009, 02:40 PM. Reason: spelling tragedy

    Leave a comment:


  • delfin
    replied
    DMT is still DMT, most people don't mess around with it. Ecstasy is either MDMA or MDA, or some combination of the 2, depending on what you get.

    Leave a comment:


  • PhillyG
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    ive done every drug known to mankind except crack and exctasy as it wasnt around when i was doing drugs. i cannot speak for anyone but myself but weed was a gateway drug for me. those who have the tendency to abuse or have addictive personalities will proceed up the ladder and try anything available to them. all i can say is ive been straight 27 years and ive never been in a better spot in my life as when im completely straight. you dont make stupid decisions and the bad ones you do make you remember
    Unfortunately I've done a good list of drugs myself. I never did them more than 2 or 3 times however. I do smoke pot still, I really don't have a reason why. I guess cause all my buddies do it. I have no body to hang out with that doesn't. To me weed never led into anything else. In the end here I am still smoking pot and drinking occasionally. I'd probably be much better off sober as a saint. But for some reason I don't want to be.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nic01101011
    replied
    ecstasy is MDMA, not DMT(big difference). though most ecstasy you buy is very impure with amphetamines and other stuff.

    Leave a comment:

Working...