NEED INFO on Niles HD CTR BX - center channel speaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEED INFO on Niles HD CTR BX - center channel speaker

anyone know anything about Niles? someone local is selling one new in its box for $75.

this is all i've been able to find online about it...

Speaker Type: 2-way - passive
    Response Bandwidth: 45 - 21000 Hz
    Input Impedance: 8 Ohm
    Recommended Amplifier Power: 10 - 150 Watt
    Sensitivity: 90 dB
    Output Features: Bass Reflex
    Magnetic Shield: Yes
    Connectivity Technology: Wired
    Controls: Treble
    Additional Features: Gold-plated connectors

Speakers Included: Center channel speaker - 2-way - 45 - 21000 Hz - 8 Ohm - wired
    Driver Details:
    • Center channel speaker : 2 x woofer driver - 5.25" - polypropylene
    • Center channel speaker : 1 x tweeter driver - 1" - ElastoDynamic

Connector Type: 1 x speakers input ( banana/spade x 2 )
    Dimentions/Weight: 21.0 in x 9.7 in x 7.2 in / 17.9 lbs

and the manufacturers description...

HDCTR (High Definition Center) is designed to fill your home theater with all the impact and excitement of the latest blockbuster, without filling your theater with bigboxy speakers. DSFG (Directed Sound Field Geometry) puts you in the center of the action! Niles speaker engineers have taken advantage of a unique acoustical phenomenon that makes the HDCTR ideal for home theater use. They combined two custom-designed, long-throw, low-distortion woofers with an offset, wide-dispersion Elasto Dynamic dome tweeter. The resulting acoustic interaction actually steers the optimum response directly at the listener. You'll call it amazing. The HDCTR comes with an array of installer-selectable options that perfectly blend it to your room. Bass, treble, crossovers, dialog frequency or dispersion pattern can all be optimized for the characteristics of your home theater.

there is a member on here that works for Niles. Make a post in the local Miami thread.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
      there is a member on here that works for Niles. Make a post in the local Miami thread.
      thanks. i will.

Comment

Is the guy selling it from the back of his van? If so, abort.
        tasty

Comment

Originally posted by s0urce View Post
          Is the guy selling it from the back of his van? If so, abort.
          no, i think he's just getting rid of some stuff because he is also selling a pair of Polk surround sound speakers.

if i don't hear anything from anyone soon, i may just offer the guy $60 or so and see what happens. I have a crappy Optimus center channel so i'm just looking for an upgrade.

Comment

Working...
          X