X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

~Knife Thread ~
    A place to discuss knives and other edged tools

Do you have a favorite knife, axe, or other useful edged tool? Lets see it and hear what you think.

Know of a place with good deals? Give us a link!

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Comment

I'm thinking about getting a survival/combat knife/fixed blade knife and I'm trying to decide what to get. Currently I'm thinking about either the Rat-3 or the Gerber LMF II. Both come in different finishes.

Rat-3
        - $61.16

Gerber LMF II
        - $63.36

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where you finding a LMF II for 63 bucks, cheapest I have found is 110 I want one ot replace my beat to death K-bar in my hunting/hiking gear.

I have a Gerber Mark II coming some time when every my local Army Navy gets it in

My every day pocket knife is CRKT mini MY tighe or my old benchmade auto open, most of the time, all though my benchmade in lost in my work luggage somewhere or in my truck. I will find it some time

mine is the plain blade
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Gerber LMF II $64 bucks: click here

I've never bought from this sight though and don't know what shipping costs.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I have a favorite peanut butter knife

you know, broad, flat blade with a rounded tip for maximum spreadage
              Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I have a favorite peanut butter knife

you know, broad, flat blade with a rounded tip for maximum spreadage
                Not that I care, of course.

Comment

I was way, WAY into knives big time in the 1990's. After buying tons of "tactical knives" (:roll:) over the years, I've decided that my favorite is my old Microtech L.C.C. designed by Greg Lightfoot. Perfect size and weight. Perfect edge geometry and retention. Excellent build quality. Great steel (CM-154 = one of my favorites) and heat treat. Great looks.

I've owned many other high-end production knives (including Emerson and Elishewitz) and a couple of customs. But I've realized that the L.C.C. is perfect for me.

I've also realized that Greg Lightfoot is may favorite custom builder. I'm thinking about ordering an M1 from him...

Last edited by Emre; 02-09-2009, 07:41 AM.
                  sigpic
                  1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
                  2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

I havent found a knife to top the one i have with a carbide blade. sharper than any conventional steel blade and doesnt need sharpening... if i dont use it improperly. I'll get some pics of it later

Comment

Awesome. I have been meaning to go knife shopping lately. This thread will help I'm sure.

Comment

I don't have much of a need for knives in my teaching job (yet). I have this pocketknife given to me by a Swiss military friend:

Swiss Army standard issue soldier pocket knife (Wenger) about 4" long.

I have a few other small Kershaws and a nice stag handle Bowie knife, the occasional machete and a 15" long crazy looking bowie I got as a kid from my dad.
                        What I use most is my locking Craftsman flip-utility knife.

I want this:
                        '74 2002 - Build blog at
                        nomads2002.blogspot.com

Comment

a great knife. i love it

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen027 View Post
                            x2, my favorite thing to take along when walking my dogs in the woods out behind my complex... I have an oldschool SOG laying around somewhere.

Comment

I enjoy my spyderco crow. Amazing knife for the price.
                              sigpic
                              "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X