• Show
Clear All

• mrcheezle19
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mrcheezle19
    replied
    Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
    What kind of steel is he using and what are price ranges.
    154cm steel, heat and cryo treated. the knives with the black coating are 1095 carbon steel. price range is $150 for smaller size knife with sheath/ $225 for larger knife and sheath.

Leave a comment:

• Mlarsen
    replied
    What kind of steel is he using and what are price ranges.

Leave a comment:

• mrcheezle19
    replied
    Here's some knives my buddy makes. Does everything himself including the sheaths.

He's began selling them as well if anyone is interested.

Leave a comment:

• shiftbmw
    replied
    One more I wrapped yesterday:

Leave a comment:

• Mlarsen
    replied
    Just bought this guy a couple weeks back: http://www.benchmade.com/products/162
    Got it got for backpacking and "stuff" lol. Gotta love S30V.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Yeah, no thanks.

I absolutely love the speed safe on my Leek though. Probably the best thing about it.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    The wave feature rocks unless you want to pull your knife out slowly. Care must be given upon a slow draw.

Leave a comment:

• cale
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
    Yes, the blade lock. When it was there, I kept my knife much sharper, now that it's not, it's fairly dull in comparison. Maybe in a nice clean machinists workshop you never bump into anything, but I'll tell you on a ranch in the real world, an assisted open knife can and will pop open when bumping into fences, squee shoots, and climbing on equipment, not to mention climbing down riverbanks to fish.

I'm not gonna argue with you, oh high and mighty leatherman machinist. I bow at your obviously more proficient knife-in-pocket abilities.
    I'm still unsure about my speedsafe knife. It was a gift so I'm going to use it, but it wouldn't be something I'd have bought myself. Here's a design which really turns me off though...

Leave a comment:

• blizake500
    replied
    I love Cutco Knives

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    I've read that some people tighten the pivot and it won't open unless you try, mine has never been adjusted and is how it comes from factory, and it opens with a very light touch. Maybe that's my issue.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Yeah, I was honestly wondering, no attitude. And I really have never had a problem with it opening in my pocket, which is why I was wondering why you used it. In my experience, it isn't needed. You've obviously experienced different.

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    The attitude that you've never had it happen, blah, blah, blah, followed by "So..." was what I took offense to. As if I were lying, and it's just some little doodad, that would be like asking why someone sets a firearm to SAFE when it's being transported in a pocket.

I took it as attitude from you, so I threw a little back. If none was intended, and you weren't calling out my ability to safely carry an assisted pocket knife, I apologize for my attitude.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewBird
    replied
    Da fuck?

I was just asking a legitimate question. Why all the attitude?

And to say a machine shop is clean is like saying an auto shop is clean. They don't have go-jo dispensers by all the sinks for nothing. You should see the pocket clip on my knife. It's all scratched to hell from bumping into things.

Leave a comment:

• Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
    Are you talking about the little plastic L shaped thing at the end of the knife? Why would you even use that? I've carried a leek daily for several years now and have never used it. I have it tighten down out of the way. Never had the blade open in my pocket. The spring assist holds it closed under spring pressure, so...

Yes, the blade lock. When it was there, I kept my knife much sharper, now that it's not, it's fairly dull in comparison. Maybe in a nice clean machinists workshop you never bump into anything, but I'll tell you on a ranch in the real world, an assisted open knife can and will pop open when bumping into fences, squee shoots, and climbing on equipment, not to mention climbing down riverbanks to fish.

I'm not gonna argue with you, oh high and mighty leatherman machinist. I bow at your obviously more proficient knife-in-pocket abilities.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X