• Show
Clear All

anyone watch Forged in Fire? I've been enjoying the show so far

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
      It's not as fancy as some of the other knives posted here, but this is my current daily. super convenient one-handed opening, simple blade that's easy to sharpen, and I like the simple proportions and aesthetic. Got it on sale for a song too.
      Saw this (or a similar version) on Massdrop a while ago. I shoulda picked it up. I really need a good daily carry knife.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
        Saw this (or a similar version) on Massdrop a while ago. I shoulda picked it up. I really need a good daily carry knife.

What is your budget, what blade length are you comfortable with and what is your intended usage? ( heavy junkyard work or just like cutting down boxes and envelops l)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

I've gone through some over the years and here's a few of my favorites and currently on my EDC rotation.

Spyderco Native that I got from an online spyderco raffle while I was deployed.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438037281.565823.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	7177838

SureFire EW04 and EW06the folder is my go to EDC knife and the fixed blade is my battle rattle knife.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438037583.890613.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	7177839

Comment

Happy birthday to me. Finally got my Hinderer, and for a reasonable price. Definitely dont see the $500+ value in the former secondary market prices, but I was able to trade up into this LNIB unused unit for a sum I cold live with. Even got the box and tactical peanuts.

Comment

nice bowie, 3 1/2inch? i like the electric blue scale
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                nice bowie, 3 1/2inch? i like the electric blue scale
                Yes indeed. If they made a 3 inch I would buy it too. This guy is a little big for edc but not awful. I'd compare it to a Spyderco PM2 size wise in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave@blunttech.com View Post
                  Yes indeed. If they made a 3 inch I would buy it too. This guy is a little big for edc but not awful. I'd compare it to a Spyderco PM2 size wise in the pocket.

They do make a 3 inch btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  88 325is Five Speed
                  Lachssilber

Comment

Not in the bowie grind..at least not yet. I would like a 3" wharncliffe model but I have my small sebenza insingo that kind of fills that role perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave@blunttech.com View Post
                      Not in the bowie grind..at least not yet. I would like a 3" wharncliffe model but I have my small sebenza insingo that kind of fills that role perfectly.
                      yeah not the bowie yet. one of my friends has a 3 inch its a cool little knife
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

I am actually looking for a pocket knife.
                        Doesn't have to be a $200, for some reason they're that expensive idk why.
                        but yeah, around $50 should buy a really good knife right?

I'll was going to get this one. Looks sweet, but I've read some junky reviews on it so pass.
                        Look really nice though. oh well.

Comment

50 will buy you a decent tool knife. Think Kershaw Leek/scallion/onion. Blades will be either 420 stainless or a Chinese "copy" D2 in AUS8 not to say either is bad, and depends on your usage, but I dont really like 420c other than for beater knives.

If you dont wan to be sharpening it all the time you want a decent steel, I really like the S30 S35 with 154cm as a second choice and D2 tool steels coming in a very close 3rd, as they take a great edge and hold it, though it can be a PIA to get that edge on there as they are all very hard.....

Little more money than 50 bucks

But this would be where I would start if I wanted a really good EDC cheaper knife
                          benchmade Griptillion they can be had for a bit less

Or something from spiderco I dont know their product line that well as I am not a spiderco guy......

But this is coming from a guy that carries a Spartan Akribis or Bradley Allias II (rare and hard to find even on the secondary market now) everyday.. So my impression of a "really good" knife might be a little skewed
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

I'd second what Sleeve said. The Griptilian is a great entry into higher quality knives. I would also recommend a Spyderco Delica or Endura. They're cheap, vg10 takes a razor edge, has fairly decent edge retention and is easy to sharpen. I usually have a Delica on me as a beater blade and it serves it's role very well.

Comment

Cool.
                              I'll get that butterfly one that sleeve suggested.

I'd rather get a 4'' edge, but don't want to go to jail allot of pigs around here will
                              say it's an assault knife made for killing ect..

Those spidercos too strange. It looks more like wedding cake knife.
                              Is that just for looks or what?

Dave u seem spidercos the best but really which one u like the best of the butterfly or spider?
                              the butterfly is like $10-20 more expensive might be better quality.

vs

Last edited by LowR3V'in; 08-23-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

This is my daily knife:

I needed a knife that would live up to my standards and not break $100. I found this for $40 two years back at a BX in Japan.

Comment

Working...
                                X