X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bddog View Post
    Just read some of this thread. WOW.
    I use a knife almost everyday.
    If you purchase one of these tools, that you can open with one hand, use, then replace with the same hand, you might truly be amazed.
    Trust me, the first time, you utilize this amazing new tool in this manner, you too will be a convert.
    When there are three assholes, bird doggen your women on the street, It just might bring a little extra perk to your step. Or are you gonna bolt?

This guy is FUCKING IDIOT.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
      Cool.
      I'll get that butterfly one that sleeve suggested.

I'd rather get a 4'' edge, but don't want to go to jail allot of pigs around here will
      say it's an assault knife made for killing ect..

Those spidercos too strange. It looks more like wedding cake knife.
      Is that just for looks or what?

Dave u seem spidercos the best but really which one u like the best of the butterfly or spider?

Personal preference. I don't think you can go wrong with a Spyderco or Benchmade. They're great entry level knives. I'd say the Griptilian is worth the extra $10-20. The Spydercos have that distinct hole used for opening the blade. Benchmade has a version of the Griptilian with the hole. Again it's personal preference. I prefer it as a nice easy way to open the blade one handed.

Comment

So I received the knife and somebody tells me "mine is better" so she pulled it out.
        I had no idea. Funny stuff.

Anyway. that endura4 was pretty old, the edge was chipped. Tip was slightly bent.
        I cleaned it up really good with the smiths knife sharpener, get rid of the chips, but it didn't cut paper too cleanly.
        The locking mechanism there was a slight wiggle. Very slight.

The benchmade though... shaves mm off the top of paper it seems sharper then a razor.
        The plastic handle is extremely hard I don't know where else I've felt plastic like this. It's sorta weird
        you pick it up you think it might be a rough porcelain?
        The lock on it feels like a fixed blade. Zero wiggle.

Good buy.

Last edited by LowR3V'in; 08-29-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Grips are scuttle ground way thiner than they look so they make fantastic slicers. i think they are supposed to be thiner at the edge than para 2s are
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Heat anodized the titanium scales on my Boker Urban Trapper. I can dig it. Sitting on top of some old beater China knife I've been carrying since I was 13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Thoughts on SOG seal pup? It's reviewed very positively online, but for only $38 on amazon I have to wonder what kind of quality it is.

Comment

What is your primary goal in owning it?

Comment

I go camping and I want an all purpose outdoors knife to bring with me.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                    This is my favorite camping knife. At only $18 it stays sharp, is strong, and I don't care enough about it to baby it. It's carbon steel though, so you have to keep it clean or it will rust. It keeps a edge better than stainless though.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                      For what though do you open cans and use it as a screw driver or what?

Comment

What do you guys sharpen with?

Comment

generally a 2"x6"x5/8" Black Arkansas stone free hand
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by thatphysicsguy View Post
                            It's not as fancy as some of the other knives posted here, but this is my current daily. super convenient one-handed opening, simple blade that's easy to sharpen, and I like the simple proportions and aesthetic. Got it on sale for a song too.
                            I have a Kershaw clash, it really is a great knife. While it may not be the quality that it used to be, it is not a bad knife by any means. As a bonus, the assisted open scares the shit out of most people.

Comment

Spyderco sharpmaker. Was able to produce a hair whittling edge once, quickly makes an edge sharp enough for EDC.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                                What do you guys sharpen with?
                                Edge Pro Apex, the non-ripoff version of your sharpener. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X