No announcement yet.

Knife Thread: All about Knives and other edged tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a round file to sharpen serrations. I've never liked serrated blades, I just find much more utility in a full plain edge.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Finally picked up a knife I'd been wanting for quite some time now. At 45% off it was time to pull the trigger!

Comment

My latest purchases...

Microtech L.C.C.

Sebenza Insingo Carbon

sigpic
        1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
        2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Got a decent deal on this at a gun show a year or two ago. Love the assisted open. Looking to get another knife as and extra. Thinking about spyderco.

Comment

Finally purchased this after losing my other knife after 10 years.

Leatherman C33Tx:

E30: '91 318is - M52/ZF320 | Azev A 16X7.5 | H&R Race/Bilstein | Completely refreshed suspension/brakes/drivetrain

An Associate/Bachelors degree is America's most overrated product

Comment

Any recommendations for a sub $50 -non serrated work knife?

Comment

spyderco tenacious, I've literally tried to break mine like with a hammer and a bench vice. Nothing will destroy this goddamned thing. The lock up is at 90% but solid as a rock still no blade play of any kind up down or side to side and its still smooth as butter ( almost as good as my para 2). id recommend one to everyone. ugly as shit but tough as hell with fantastic slicing performance
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

I still don't know allot about knifes but I do know to find one with a really good metal that will hold it's edge the longest.
                  The Grip mini is super expensive, but it takes a long ass time to get dull.

This is by buddys kirshaws I sharpened maybe a month later I had to resharpen because
                  they get dull FAST. idk what metal they use.

Last edited by LowR3V'in; 01-20-2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

His kershaw cryo before/after.

Comment

Buck vantage.
                      It's a flipper which I like better than spring assist but there's not allot of grip "jimping" on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
                        spyderco tenacious, I've literally tried to break mine like with a hammer and a bench vice. Nothing will destroy this goddamned thing. The lock up is at 90% but solid as a rock still no blade play of any kind up down or side to side and its still smooth as butter ( almost as good as my para 2). id recommend one to everyone. ugly as shit but tough as hell with fantastic slicing performance
                        Thanks bro, the blade looks bad ass!

Comment

What do you guys think of Onterio knifes?
                          They look ok and AUS8 sounds like an ok steal.

Cheap!

This one has ball bearings instead bronze bushings. Wonder how smooth that is.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            What do you guys think of Onterio knifes?
                            They look ok and AUS8 sounds like an ok steal.

Cheap!

This one has ball bearings instead bronze bushings. Wonder how smooth that is.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Columbia-River...ds=crkt+ripple
                            the ripple is cool its just on the small side great action though for a cheap flipper, prefer it to a assisted opening. the Rat is a tough little knife as well
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                              Ever seen a spyderco with an benchmade lock?

http://www.amazon.com/Ganzo-G7291-BK...4EZXMRT1A9HYPV
                              those are okay they work well for the price but don't have super high expectation
                              88 325is Five Speed
                              Lachssilber

Comment

Working...
                              X