Goodbye E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye E30

So a few of the r3v guys and I decided to go for a drive through a local mountain road today. Everything was fine up until the last left sweeper next to the station before the fork (people who have driven this road will know what I mean). I see a motorcycle coming around the bend, originally in his lane. But he was sitting straight up. I don't know what the fuck happened, but he seemed to just freeze up and rode straight into my car. His head bounced off of my driver side pop out, shattering it, as well as the trunk. I got out of my car and went to go see if he was okay. After deciding he was gonna be fine I turned around to look at my car. The driver side fender is completely pushed in. His bike took out my strut mount, as well as leaving a big fucking dent in a bottlecap. The passengerside of the car went into the guardrail, smashing an ellipsoid lens. Both foglights broke, the passenger side of the front diving board is completely tweaked. My door is creased, and somehow the roof got dented (hand?). The front valence is ripped and twisted. I think the tie rod and control arm is bent.

I'm already assuming the car is being called a total loss, but I'm gonna talk to the guy and see if he wants to settle up outside of insurance. CHP said this is a cut and dry call of him being at fault. He's okay, he went to the hospital with minor injuries. The bike is ripped in half.

Pictures as soon as they're processed.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Holy shit, good to hear everyone is alright.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I'm really fucking surprised he was okay. While he was wearing full leathers, we impacted at about 40mph, and he was going downhill.

Moral of this story?

Comment

well at least no one got to badly hurt!!!!!!!!! You can always buy another E30.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          well at least no one got to badly hurt!!!!!!!!! You can always buy another E30.
          Agreed. I'm glad that he's okay, and I'm grateful for that guard rail. Time to start shopping i suppose.

Moral of this story?

Comment

What is photo processing? J/K. Glad you are ok.
            '89 "is" = M technic II build mode.

sigpic

Comment

shopping

Originally posted by accident View Post
              Agreed. I'm glad that he's okay, and I'm grateful for that guard rail. Time to start shopping i suppose.

How much you want to spend???? I am considering selling mine for a bit less than my F/S thread asking price. It needs a few touch ups

Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Talked to dude's brother. Broken wrist and leg. Otherwise fine.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Oh no, my mint ellipses got ruined...jk.
                  Sorry to hear about your wreck. Gald to hear you and the other guy are oK.
                  Good luck with the search for the new ride.
                  Danny

88 ///M3 - Zinno street/shop queen
                  88 ///M3 - Henna Track rat (Sold)
                  98 ///M3 hellrot - Sold
                  89 Porsche 944 - dd
                  95 E34 525it/pick up - P/U Project
                  90 325is - track rat

Comment

Damn that sucks i always fear this will happen when i am on the dragon. I am glad everyone is ok.

Comment

jesus christ what the fuck

:(
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident, Accident. I'm guessing you were on Ortega or Angeles Crest? The sportbike squids are why I stay off mountain roads on weekends unless I go really early.

I'll be selling my '91 brilliantrot/black 4 door 318i in a week or so for $1500. It has a couple small dents in the driver's side but runs like a top. PM if you want more information. I wouldn't be selling it but I bought the green car in my .sig.

Tim

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats
                        MTech2 wheel | Husco Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003
                        | Shadowline | Amber Fogs | Too much else to list

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                          jesus christ what the fuck

:(

Its all your fault
                          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
                          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Originally posted by E30_fiend View Post
                            Its all your fault
                            What did I do?
                            cars beep boop

Comment

pictures soon

Originally posted by Schneller 3er View Post
                              Oh no, my mint ellipses got ruined...jk.
                              Sorry to hear about your wreck. Gald to hear you and the other guy are oK.
                              Good luck with the search for the new ride.
                              Actually only one lens is broken. The bucket may be broken too, but I think they'll be salvagable.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                              X