Bluray is cool and all..buuuuut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray is cool and all..buuuuut

Decided to go back to the dawn of time with some kickin new technology!

Boo Yeah!

Who cannot appreciate technology that is so ungodly massive its just plain awesome!

And of course the primary reason for purchasing a Laserdisc player is to see cult classics before Spielberg/Lucas raped them.

The player I picked up from GSA Surplus for 30 bucks, had to regrease some of the bearings, and clean it up, but she works perfectly AND has S-Video out!

I've always liked old technology, and to be honest the quality is pretty damn good!

just compare it to vhs. it was so far ahead of tapes in quality back in the day.

Comment

LOL nice! There is something special about tapes (i am talking audio) that I like over cds... kind of like liking vinyl over cds I guess. /thread jack
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

My roomate bought a blu ray... IMHO a total waste of money. I couldnt tell a damn bit of diff between that and a dvd...
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

We have a DVD/Laser Disc player, it still gets used pretty often. I just decided the other day that I'm going with an upconverted DVD player over BlueRay, regular DVDs are so cheap.
          sigpic

Comment

ahha, its a good conversation piece, I say good come up!

Comment

I collect old electronics, no blue ray yet tho, mostly boomboxes. Nice to see someone else likes this kinda stuff!
              Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

James

I have two Sony CD changers, one with 200 and other 400 capacity I'll give them to the first hi bidder of 0.00 dollars!
                Last edited by CreagerPhotography; 03-29-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backtrail69 View Post
                  My roomate bought a blu ray... IMHO a total waste of money. I couldnt tell a damn bit of diff between that and a dvd...
                  Wow, I can tell the difference just playing a normal DVD on my PS3.
                  Originally posted by Simon S
                  When a dream is a dream for too long - it becomes a fantasy..

Comment

I am drooling over your laser disc copies of the original trilogy. You're very lucky, I only have the post rape version.
                    The Keystone Killers

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                    With 73k+ post, you'd think he'd have learned a little about life.

Comment

thats awesome do u eat dinner on them after?

Comment

User Name

Last edited by retardotyler; 04-27-2015, 12:32 AM.
                        i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

Nice find. I had one a work a while back - I was impressed at the quality.

Someday I want to pick up an old reel-to-reel tape player, just for the bling factor.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

There is a huge difference if you have the proper equipment.

Comment

vintage as fuck
                              tasty

Comment

Working...
                              X