Ok camera guys.. I need your help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok camera guys.. I need your help.

First off I'm a noob at photography, but i love to take pictures of everything. All I've ever used are little point and shoots, and I think its time for me to step up to something different.
    My question then is, what is a decent and cheap dslr camera that I can pick up and learn on to improve my photo skills?
    Any help is appreciated.

rebel or a d40

buy used if you want cheap, cause a body and lense of a good DSLR is going to run you 600 or more

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

This is something i've been wondering as well. How well do these cameras age? I mean should I be worried about buying a used one for the price vs. just manning up and getting a brand new one?
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

brand new is the way to go if you can afford it, plus you get the security of a warrenty.

i have had mine for a years now and it still works like the day i bought it.

nikon d60

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

if you are thinking about a D40 or D40x, i would just go ahead and get the D60.

I recently purchased a D60 and have been very happy with it. The lenses, though, are where you start spending the real money...
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by daniel View Post
            if you are thinking about a D40 or D40x, i would just go ahead and get the D60.

I recently purchased a D60 and have been very happy with it. The lenses, though, are where you start spending the real money...
            Troof. Unless you get a good deal with a packaged lens... Or keep you eye out for used ones

Comment

used d40. Cheeeeap.
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

I have a d40, its awesome.

Comment

The d40 is great for ppl with small hands or women. I picked up a D70 real cheap and love it. And one of the main reason's I bought that over a D40 is even though its older it has a LOT more functions that will come in handy.
                  ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

d40 is so basic. I have one and it drives me nuts. But it's easy to use and a great first camera. It takes good quality pictures.

flickr.com/claytong are all taken with a d40.

edit: picture quality is possibly better with a d40 than a d70 and the d70 has a smaller LCD. that's why I wouldn't get it...

YES the d40 is tiny though. :(
                    Originally posted by z31maniac
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

Comment

CANON 40D pwns on all your d40,and d60 childrens toys...

Comment

Originally posted by e30monsta View Post
                          nikon>canon :giggle:
                          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

Originally posted by e30monsta View Post
                            Yes, but its expensive.

Comment

i have a canon xsi, so far i love it. most entry/mid level slrs are pretty similar in features.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Working...
                              X