Got a Rebel T1i, took some pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a Rebel T1i, took some pics

Tell me what ya think, snapped these in manual mode, long exposure, wide aperture, etc, and tweaked the sharpness, contrast, etc.

I'm starting to get into more involved photography, so you photography wizards out there, throw me your sagely advice!

DISCLAIMER: These photos are the property of SCR Performance (www.scrperformance.com) in Loveland, CO, I took these shots for their website.

my fave is the stoptech brake one.
    nice pics

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
      my fave is the stoptech brake one.
      nice pics
      why thank you. the stoptech is also my fave. Its on a track-prepped B5 Audi A4 1.8T. Same car as the two interior shots.

Comment

I'm trying to get a rebel as well, how do you like it so far and how much did you get it for if it's not too much asking.
        Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
        If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
        Originally posted by J3M93
        This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Schwarz3 View Post
          I'm trying to get a rebel as well, how do you like it so far and how much did you get it for if it's not too much asking.
          I like mine so far, there are different Rebel models, I think the T1i is among the more expensive i think, i got it at Best Buy for like $750, but by now i am sure newegg.com or tigerdirect.com has better prices.

Comment

Awesome pics. I want to get a rebel too, and that was going to be the one that I was going to get, or the xsi. You take these shots in raw mode or raw+jpeg?
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike325 View Post
              Awesome pics. I want to get a rebel too, and that was going to be the one that I was going to get, or the xsi. You take these shots in raw mode or raw+jpeg?
              I just took these shots in the highest quality JPEG mode, and then with the software included with the camera i cranked the sharpness, and turned up the contrast slightly.

im still a n00b at this, and i have a ton to learn.

Comment

Great shots.

1991 325ic and 1991 318is

Comment

Nice pics man!

You might want to try turning down the contrast a bit for more subtle gradients.

Also, for some of the closeups you can try zooming in and shooting aperture-priority and setting is as high (numerically low) as possible for some nice depth of field.

SLRs are amazing... you can shoot for 10+ yrs with one and still learn new ways to use it.
                  M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
                    Nice pics man!

You might want to try turning down the contrast a bit for more subtle gradients.

Also, for some of the closeups you can try zooming in and shooting aperture-priority and setting is as high (numerically low) as possible for some nice depth of field.

SLRs are amazing... you can shoot for 10+ yrs with one and still learn new ways to use it.
                    about the depth of field: I did notice exactly what you are talking about when I took a look at the pics when I downloaded them off my camera. I was actually shooting in fully manual mode, screwing around with different aperture/shutter settings. Next time, I will use a smaller aperture and a longer exposure, and another thing I noticed is the auto focus points. I had it on auto select, where it automatically selects where in the picture to focus on (read: consistently selects the wrong points), and some of the pics turned out funny because the "subject" of the photo was out of focus while some random object in the foreground was crisply in focus. Which of course can be fixed by using a much smaller aperture...

Well then again, this is the first real photoshoot session I have done with this new camera.

Comment

Those are pretty nice looking. The first one is a little dark on the right side but very good pics!

Comment

Working...
                      X