No announcement yet.

What constitutes being part of a swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap it up; little darlin' (To loosely quote Bob Marley)

B35 is an excellent choice.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Good support can speed up any project, I think we all know that.

BTW, good job. Even taking pictures is great. My very recent "ex" would not help AT ALL, not even help bleed the brakes..."don't let the door hit you in the ass, I don't wanna have to fix that too".

Anyway, your swap is not the most common, but it is well documented, well supported, so if you have all the bits and pieces it should not be but a week long job, depending on what you have on hand to do it with.

And welding skills, of course.

Good luck and welcome to R3V.

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts and feedback. I enjoy helping out and wish I had the capability to do more. His blue E30 is sweet for sure but the black one I just bought is pretty slick . . . I admire the passion and dedication and my bottom line is this: I am a really good laboror!

As for the trolling: now that I know you fellas are all young I understand the age appropriateness of it. When you get to a more refined age (say 40ish) your women will be more inclined to help on the projects and swaps because you will be more enjoyable company ;)

Oh yeah: the most fun I have with my man is when I get to take my Chevy silverado crew cab and go pick up a motor for him!

Thanks for the well wishes
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Luke. It is very good to hear that even the endless picture taking I do is helpful . . . I like to think it is. The "swap" is his but if you check out my "album" you will see my E30 . . . 1988 with 118,000 miles with a Hartge header and exhaust: lucky for a newbie I suppose!
          sigpic

Comment

BTW, I turn 48 this month and am a Grandpa twice. You ain't the only one here, believe me.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
              BTW, I turn 48 this month and am a Grandpa twice. You ain't the only one here, believe me.

Luke
              I've been checking out this site for quite a while (account and posting only recently) and I had a feeling you were in your 40's Luke, based on the subtle class in your posts.
              sigpic

Comment

yes I would define Luke as "subtle class" and i would describe me as the same. We are a couple of the more mature classy guys around
                We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Classy guys...not so sure
                  Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

To start, Have fun with the swap and welcome

Originally posted by DTM190 View Post
                    Wish my Mrs would do more than just help me bleed brakes/clutch lol
                    Damn, i had to get speed bleeders, she dosen't know how to push the brake let alone wtf is that other pedal :D

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                    "don't let the door hit you in the ass, I don't wanna have to fix that too".
                    Have we meet before? That's my line.

Originally posted by BMWgirl11 View Post
                    wish I had the capability to do more.
                    We all start somewhere, I swapped a water pump to start as a youngin. Been through trannies differentials motors and electrics to custom drivelines and suspensions. Learning is a curve and there arn't really ladders.

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
                    a couple of the more mature
                    just don't get too mature to leave out the C's and B's even if they are on the iside of the box.
                    Been with me for 16 years...
                    sigpic
                    Wish i had more time to play with her

Comment

[quote=BMWgirl11;2744844]
                      Originally posted by HippyEarly View Post
                      To start, Have fun with the swap and welcome

We all start somewhere, I swapped a water pump to start as a youngin. Been through trannies differentials motors and electrics to custom drivelines and suspensions. Learning is a curve and there arn't really ladders.]
                      Very very true . . . I don't mind curves at all especially going fast . . . I have a good mentor and although I will never acquire much of the talent and know-how of many of you on here - I am an avid learner who enjoys getting dirty :)
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BMWgirl11 View Post
                        I've been checking out this site for quite a while (account and posting only recently) and I had a feeling you were in your 40's Luke, based on the subtle class in your posts.
                        Luke has class?

M30 swaps are awesome!

Mine:

Keep up the good work!
                        ///Monstrosity. (OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO)

Aside from showing yourself to be offensive, lacking experience and ignorant in the ways of business, you're also illiterate and imprudent. Beyond that, your sense of liability is severely impaired.

Comment

Back to "What constitutes being a part of a swap" well tomorrow I am taking pics of his new pistons that just arrived from Paul Burke. I am almost convinced I am nuts because I am excited . . . about pistons, I mean . . . they look all shiney and pretty and I vicariously admire the level of knowledge Paul Burke has ;)
                          sigpic

Comment

Mom!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT YOU??????
                            Originally posted by Good & Tight
                            It takes real man to mount a big woman, all you haters are just scared boys.

Comment

Originally posted by agile30 View Post
                              Mom!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT YOU??????
                              Crazy boy: it's daddy's mistress. shhh don't tell your mom ;)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X