87 325is short drift clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 325is short drift clip

this is my 87 325is with E46 control arms, chipped M20, vert front sway/19mm rear, and 700/1000 spring rates. Just put these on with newly acquired 15x8 TRM's wrapped in 195/45/15's. haha i know, not the best tire size, but with little HP its perfect.

oh and let me add just for laughs, fuck drifting with no rear sway. learn car control. i dont have car control yet but if some ppl listen to the airheads on some of these bmw forums preaching no rear sway theyl never find a good setup. thats just my opinion.lol
    Now go drift and keep it fun!

...and yes this is a track

Last edited by ROLLingKING; 04-23-2013, 11:51 AM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Track my ass! haha. Props to a fellow rollerblader.

I assume you meant 700/1000? What spring/shock combo are you running, and how does it feel on everyday roads?

Chris

Comment

I drift just fine with no rear sway!
      Wrecking cars, closing bars.

Tie rod spacers for sale: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=245785

Comment

i like no rear sway lol it doesnt dog leg

you going to get caught one day and you will regret it keep it on the track. go to drift nirvana or someshit in summit point
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by nyChris View Post
          Track my ass! haha. Props to a fellow rollerblader.

I assume you meant 700/1000? What spring/shock combo are you running, and how does it feel on everyday roads?

Chris
          yea 700/1000. my b. but you blade? right now its sadly on billy hd's but it will be on shortened housings and valved ix shocks or vw shocks. Budget style. it actually doesnt feel as agressive as i thought it would. i daily it in va and md and some of these roads arent the smoothest. it handles well tho.

and idk how u no rear sway guys do it but props. i guess there are MANY driving styles depending on the person. no one set up is perfect which makes this stuff so fun

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
            i like no rear sway lol it doesnt dog leg

you going to get caught one day and you will regret it keep it on the track. go to drift nirvana or someshit in summit point
            well then where do u practice if not @ the track. which may be what, 4 times a year. like how do u know rear sway does dog leg if u dont get used to it or adapt to it. im more trying to understand a style, not argue, cause i dont even know what the hell dog leg means.haha but if i were to only practice @ an event that would give little to no practice. maybe there are ways to avoid "dog leg" with more time driving with a sway. cause i used to snap around on switchbacks and spin out a lot but had to learn to hold once im coming to angle and gas. and not hold the ebrake for too long in some cases

Comment

Ha I rollerblade as well, what do you skate?

But I'll actually be trying a stiffer sway and or solid rear bushings and going for softer rear spring rates. I want the car to get a reverse rake in drift to help grip up. About the drifting on the track thing, I'll agree. But if I need to dial in my car, I don't see anything wrong with finding an open lot far away from other cars and people. But one has to accept the consequences of getting caught I guess.
              E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
              Insane Innovations LLC
              DTMFiberwerkz
              Achilles Radial

Comment

damn you run your car stiff!!! i run 500f/570r 21mm front bar no rear with 205/55/16s

that spot looks a little sketch though, id go some where else that doesnt have random cars parked or the track when you can. street or track have fun!
                84 318i drift car
                04 mk4 gti 1.8t
                96 e320
                63 plymouth valiant

Comment

i knoow..i dont like the risk of the random shit in the way but i enjoy doin it to much. i hope to never get caught. shes my daily so its hard not to whenever i get the chance and theres no cars around me

Comment

Originally posted by ROLLingKING View Post
                    i knoow..i dont like the risk of the random shit in the way but i enjoy doin it to much. i hope to never get caught.
                    you serious with this?

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Working...
                    X