E30 paint requests (gonna roll it on)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 paint requests (gonna roll it on)

I am gonna need to paint my e30 because of primer spots and such. Before I get a spam of get a compressor/do it right this is just an idea and its more or less all under the hood. As long as its a decent 5 footer I am fine.

My sedan is in that thread.

I was wondering if someone can pchop it orange, if possible nothing outrageous (more flat) and on weaves with color matched centers.

Thanks

Why would you destroy that poor car?

Comment

i feel sorry for the future owner. especially if that is an owner who thinks he can restore this car without having to tear it down to the bare metal

Comment

Poor car.....

Comment

Didn't we already have a flat orange disaster recently?
          '87 325is - Schwarz/Schwarz

Comment

It's to each their own I am building my car for me not future owners.

And it not like its set in stone that's why it's a pshop request

Comment

Bad ideas are bad ideas.
              2011 1M Alpine white/black
              1996 Civic white/black
              1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

I saw that thread. I am actually going to use a lighter orange possibly and trim paint everything that should be black

Comment

I rolled paint once. It took me 3 months, but I did 5 coats and wetsanded with 600grit in between each coat. Took me ALOT of time and ALOT of energy, but it turned out good, but it was white.

Don't do it. Unless you are prepared to spend 2-3hrs per day for a good couple months, I say don't do it. I know you're inspired by the guy who did it to his 69 Camaro on that one forum, but unless you're spending upwards of 7k on a professional orange paintjob, please don't do it. you'll regret it.

Again, if you're going to roll, do a light color like white.
                  Recent Rebranding!!
                  Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
                  E30 SM62/S62
                  E30 M60 V8
                  E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
                  Instagram.com/garageaholic
                  Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

no

Comment

hey OP,

shit pshop job but i styled it after colorado orange as found on 2002's.

my opinion? do not roll it. do your body work, spray filler primer, mist a guide coat and blocksand it down (repeat about 3 times), then look into an orange vinyl wrap. somebody here said they did it for under $400 with 3 'sample rolls'.

buy quality vinyl and take yer time:

Comment

I did not realize the downtime, I figured it was mostly waiting for the paint to dry. But I honestly cannot offord or justify paying 7k on a good paintjob. This car is my pride and joy, not a garage queen. I do not want to cringe when i get my first scratch, or dent.

I am building this car for me to drive for a good while. With that being said, and the work into the engine, I would much rather cheap out on a paint job and enjoy driving a car daily (while being able to save for the ever expensive tool collection for work, or possibly towards the future) rather then a shiny paint job I would be anal about.

As for the post above me, appreciate the attempt and not the flaming. Its not like I ran out and baught paint and was a hair away from rolling, I was just looking for ideas how to clean up the half lapisblau half primered car that I own.

Comment

get the cheaper maaco enamel paint job for $300. I'm sure the quality will be more better than a roller type as long as you do the prep work.
                          Last edited by bmwstephen; 04-26-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

get some blue sheepskins on those comforts!

That car will be dirty-looking all the time, if you paint it orange. Safe color though. Get some orange wheels with matching vinyl racing stripes, that way you could switch back some day. Something like this should match pretty well after it gets dirty.http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...-Blue-173.html
                            grain of salt:p

http://https://youtu.be/H8gOAzYchAE:ot:

Comment

Working...
                            X