possible dubmodder site for bmws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possible dubmodder site for bmws

i dont know about r3v, but on e30tech there is alot of interest www.dubmodder.com and how great it would be to have one for e30s. I'm a digital arts major, so i thought i'd email dubmodder and offer them my time and photoshop abilites if they were interested in doing a bmw version. expecting a brushoff, i was suprised by the reply:

Hi Chris,

First let me say thank you for the support and kind works you have show to
    us, we really appreciate it and it is people like you that allow us to do
    what we love. We have thought about a BMW version but to be honest we are
    not as knowledgable with BMW as we are with VW/Audi. If you have alot of
    knowledge about the BMW models and which platforms would be most popular,
    then we would be open to the idea of using you as our research coordinator
    for the BMW version.

As you also may know quality of work is a very high priority for us, thus it
    would be nice to see a few samples of work that you have done in the past.
    If we can get to that point and if you are still interested, maybe we can
    take it to the next step and plan a layout for a BMW version where you would
    be one of the artists/researchers, but let's take it 1 step at a time.

I await your feedback.

Mike Chaput
    Dubmodder
    comments? thoughts?

i'd need alot of feedback from the bmw community on what cars to feature, colors, wheels, addons etc.

an e30 FTW.
    '88 325

Comment

Do it!! I play with it all the time and wish they had one for us

Comment

As much as I'd love to have the E24 in the line-up, I think you should stick to the popular cars. Those being E30s, E34s, E36s, and E39s. Maybe you could dabble in E28s and E21s or E46s, but I just don't see the effort being worth the result of no one using it.

Great idea for sure though. I've played with that thing about 50 times making my perfect MKI GTI.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I'd just do it to see what your car would look like after putting smileys in, or smoked headlights. Different body kits, ride height, tinting windows. Smoked tails, Stuff like that. It would be way too cool if someone made it.

'05 Jetta TDI
          '87 325iS: Facelift, Hella Smoked Ellipsoids (RIP)
          '80 320i: 500lbs lighter, Rally/Drifter (SOLD!:( )
          '90 Jetta: Stock Daily Driver (SOLD)

Comment

im thinking the focus should be on cars that are popular tuners. e30, e36, e46, maybe 2002's and e39's. i just think e30s or 2002s would be way easy to do b/c the mods are so similar to the older jettas that they already have done.

offer the most popular wheel options - weaves, euroweaves, borbets, alpinas, etc.

definately smilies, french high beams, clears, smoked, and so on for lighting

you guys will have to help me find pics

i'll keep you posted.
            Last edited by crucial325; 03-23-2006, 01:25 AM.

Comment

yea i would love one of those. i play that one all the time n i always wish there was one for an e30

Comment

Time to bust out the flash and whip something up!
                Prepare to be amazed.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac
                  Time to bust out the flash and whip something up!
                  Prepare to be amazed.
                  are you serious? Im waiting on it bro. dont fail us now!

Comment

That sounds awesome, I've always wanted a BMW dubmodder. The E30, E36, E46, E90, and E39's are all must haves. The 2002 would be awesome as well. I'd think the mods for BMWs would be quite similar to those of the respective VW models, (2002=MKI, E30=MKII, E36=MKIII, E46=MKIV, E90=MKV). For example, something like BBS RS and Borbet Type A's would be must haves for both the E30 and the MKII. I'd also make sure you have BMW specific parts, such as Alpina, Hartge, Hamaan, Dinan, AC Schnitzer, M-technik, as well as BMW goodies such as Angel Eyes. This will be awesome!

Comment

do it
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                      Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

update - im still in the information gathering stage at this point. they want me to start with the e36 (ugh) because its more popular and has a larger aftermarket (so more sponsors for the site). im getting some good feedback from bimmerforums.com on the e36, but feel free to give me more ideas for e30s or bmws in general

definately want to have alpina, acs, hamaan etc,

(2002=MKI, E30=MKII, E36=MKIII, E46=MKIV, E90=MKV). <--- i was thinking the same thing

Comment

dont you have better things to do in your life than spend countless hours getting opinions and researching things for a site that's not even yours just to have a little fucking online zip zap shit ass car modding website.

GAY!
                          Dan

Comment

Don't be a fuddy dud Mr. Gillan.
                            Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

yup.
                              Attached Files

Originally posted by whysimon
                              WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Working...
                              X