Posting larger pics?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting larger pics?????

How do you guys post large pics?????????? I have to lower my res. on my camera to get the site to except it but I see quiet a few large ass pics???????

host them yourself, and insert pic. The size limit is only when attached and hosted through r3v

Comment

Originally posted by browntown
      host them yourself, and insert pic. The size limit is only when attached and hosted through r3v
      so I would have to have my own page basically, right? Like a myspace page or something like that?

Comment

Just resize them before you post 'em. I take pictures at 2048x1536 and then quickly resize them in Photoshop to 650x488 - fits R3V threads perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
          Just resize them before you post 'em. I take pictures at 2048x1536 and then quickly resize them in Photoshop to 650x488 - fits R3V threads perfectly.
          yeah, I've been resizing them but still there are some pics that are huge and that's how I would like to post most of my pics....

Comment

well most people dont like the huge, but here's how you do it.

Take your 12megapixel super pic and upload it to a picture hosting site or what I do is ftp them to the chunk of server space my ISP gives me. Then come back to R3V and hit the "insert image" button, and fill in the web address of said picture like http://www.yourhostingsite.com/yourjumbopic.jpg

and voila, everybody will be upset the thread takes forever to load and the pic doesnt even fit on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown
              well most people dont like the huge, but here's how you do it.

Take your 12megapixel super pic and upload it to a picture hosting site or what I do is ftp them to the chunk of server space my ISP gives me. Then come back to R3V and hit the "insert image" button, and fill in the web address of said picture like http://www.yourhostingsite.com/yourjumbopic.jpg

and voila, everybody will be upset the thread takes forever to load and the pic doesnt even fit on the screen.
              that was funny bro. "12megapixel super pic" "yourjumbopic.jpr". lol. I thought everyone had a fast connection nowadays... I don't want to post a "jumbopic", just one a little larger than what's allowed through attachments. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X