Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame Dynamics Photography

Hey guys.
    I recently started doing automotive photography, mainly at the local car meets and track events in the area and I wantted to share it with you guys. I'm not a fan of slammed cars so you won't see much of them.

Id really appreciate your feedback/constructive criticism, but I don't appreciate you busting my balls over every little thing.

If you like my material then like my page on Facebook and follow me on Instagram

ww.facebook.com/framedynamicsphotography
    Instagram: @frame_dynamics

Not a car related picture, just a nice picture I took for my mom for Mother's Day/her birthday the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HennaE30; 05-20-2014, 09:10 PM.
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Please excuse the small picture size/poor quality, I'm having to upload these from my phone, due to some current laptop issues. Will have more material soon.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

I'm not a professional photographer, but here are a couple of suggestions... Read this book "Shooting in Sh*tty Light"

Also Google "Rule of thirds in photography" Good insight on framing up shots. Looking forward to more.

Comment

please read this
        Much wow
        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Lighting is key. The most basic method is always have the the light source behind you but pointing towards your subject.

You can read all you want about photography and sure, that'll help but the best thing to do is to go out and shoot. Practice practice practice. As Cabriolet told me, whenever you're doing something, try to take your camera (when appropriate, obviously). You never know when an opportunity to shoot will present it self.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
          Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            Lighting is key. You can read all you want about photography and sure, that'll help, but the best thing to do is to go out and shoot. Practice practice practice.
            Constructive criticism helps to an extent, but it's honestly more of a way of life than something you do as a hobby. That sounds kind of corny, but it's the honest truth. I have been shooting for the past 10 years, and it never has felt forced or premeditated. A very good bit of knowledge that I read in an interview was that the best moments that should be captured with a camera never will be... This is simply because they will be gone before you have the time to stop enjoying the moment; cameras are only part of the photography process, and the trigger in your brain that causes you to click the shutter is what makes you shoot to begin with, right?

With that being said, learn to work with the light, and not against it... Manual, or aperture priority is the setting you want to shoot with 90% of the time. Again, lighting is key! Two of my favorite shots (of mine) are contrary to lambo's advice about shooting with the light, but I have years of experience and would not recommend it to begin with. Just remember to enjoy the photos you take, and don't worry about how you "match up" to anyone's work but your own.

Untitled by mattrides, on Flickr

Untitled by mattrides, on Flickr
            sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Yea... I started playing with the lighting at the end of the weekend.. But for some reason I couldn't get it right, it was a weird weekend for weather, it was mostly cloudy, but the sun was still out, so it was really bright and whitewashed. And at the end of this I'm just doing it for fun, it's something I enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post

I know... This is just a temporary watermark till I can make mine, I'm just waiting for class to be over and my laptop to be working again

Originally posted by pantelones View Post
                Just remember to enjoy the photos you take, and don't worry about how you "match up" to anyone's work but your own

I use other people photography to "pick up techniques" so to speak.

I still am leaning different things on the camera, so over time it'll get better..

Last edited by HennaE30; 05-23-2014, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                  And at the end of this I'm just doing it for fun, it's something I enjoy.
                  That's what it's all about.

What kind of camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    That's what it's all about.

What kind of camera are you using if you don't mind me asking?

It's my buddies Olympus E300.. I'm looking at getting a Canon Eos 60D

Comment

Originally posted by clint-o-matic View Post
                      I'm not a professional photographer, but here are a couple of suggestions... Read this book "Shooting in Sh*tty Light"

Also Google "Rule of thirds in photography" Good insight on framing up shots. Looking forward to more.

Appreciate it. I will definitely look into it.

Comment

I don't know if you are or not, but make sure to shoot in manual. if you're shooting in auto you just cannot get as much out of the camera as you can in manual.

like everyone else though, I think the best advice is to just shoot.
                        when I first started i'd watch a million youtube things on settings and what not but the only time I felt I actually learned new things was when I'd shoot. I would just go to downtown, walk around and shoot. I live in LA so there was always an endless amount of things to shoot.
                        sigpic
                        @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
                        Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                          It's my buddies Olympus E300.. I'm looking at getting a Canon Eos 60D
                          Do not buy the 60D. i took 17,500 shots on it. 13,000 had focus issues. the camera is crap in low light, bright light, with fast lenses. overall the worst camera i've ever used. i now i have 5D mk3. 1/10 shots may have a focus issue and 1/2 the time it was user error. if you are on a budget get Nikon D5200 over the 60D/t5i.
                          Much wow
                          I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                            Do not buy the 60D. i took 17,500 shots on it. 13,000 had focus issues. the camera is crap in low light, bright light, with fast lenses. overall the worst camera i've ever used. i now i have 5D mk3. 1/10 shots may have a focus issue and 1/2 the time it was user error. if you are on a budget get Nikon D5200 over the 60D/t5i.

Ok. I appreciate it.. I'll look into the Nikon

Comment

Mega-pixels are so overrated... If you are looking for a great camera at a good price pick up a used Nikon d200, or d80 if you are intimidated by the d200. KEH.com is your friend! You can also use the old manual focus 35mm lenses on the Nikon cameras, but you cannot with Canon.
                              sigpic

A man chooses, a slave obeys... Would you kindly?

Comment

Working...
                              X