No announcement yet.

E30 + widened steelies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I almost bit the bullet and had this done.. only problem is they weigh a million pounds!
    -Brandon
    sigpic

Comment

Im either getting a set of Diamonds or Ronal LS's, and if i go with the Diamonds i will let you guys know how they work out.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1726949
      Originally posted by 92 mtechnic cabrio
      gross, I bet that has an offset so positive it could prove to eliminate all emo feelings

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
        the
        wheel
        won't
        center
        properly

seriously
        :giggle:

If you are stupid then no they won't.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

the issue with the diamond racing wheels is the simple fact that if you so much as even look at them wrong they bend, lol they are the weakest wheels on earth...keep a set for track use, but keep them off the roads...
          Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:
          The Calypso Beast Vid 0-70ish
          1987 BMW 325es: Face & Butt Lifted/M50tu Swapped*Sold*
          1985 VW Scirocco: Too many mods, money pit*Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by gotKRAUT View Post
            the issue with the diamond racing wheels is the simple fact that if you so much as even look at them wrong they bend, lol they are the weakest wheels on earth...keep a set for track use, but keep them off the roads...
            The offer different thickness and strenght wheels .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by gotKRAUT View Post
              hmmm.. thats odd, i always figured steel was stronger than aluminum or alloy. these are pretty solid. i doubt they would be that fragile, but then again i COULD be wrong. i guess ill let ya know as soon as i hit a pothole (which there are a lot of around here). either way im upgrading to some bigger tires so it should help protect the rims. as for weighing a million pounds, i only weighed them in at half a mil, maybe my scale was wrong? haha but seriously about 180lbs. for all 4 with 195/50/15 tires is pretty damn heavy.. its like always driving with a fat chick sittin shotgun..
              1991 318is nv m50 : brilliantrot

Comment

damn, the fat chicks you know are pretty big, those wheels weigh a good bit more than I do.
                My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
                There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

too much money for wheels with no lip

Comment

Originally posted by AL GReeNeRy View Post
                    hmmm.. thats odd, i always figured steel was stronger than aluminum or alloy. these are pretty solid. i doubt they would be that fragile, but then again i COULD be wrong. i guess ill let ya know as soon as i hit a pothole (which there are a lot of around here). either way im upgrading to some bigger tires so it should help protect the rims. as for weighing a million pounds, i only weighed them in at half a mil, maybe my scale was wrong? haha but seriously about 180lbs. for all 4 with 195/50/15 tires is pretty damn heavy.. its like always driving with a fat chick sittin shotgun..
                    Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
                    The offer different thickness and strenght wheels .
                    I've used them in the past, i used them on my 87 Golf GT and my Solo 2 Rabbit GTi, they are just fine for track use but i really wouldnt touch them for street use...i got two sets and had opted for the thicker stronger ones for the street and within 6 weeks they were already bent and i wasnt jumping it or anything...

the track ones were just fine...i mean sure i beat em up and bent them but they were cheap enough that i didnt care lol
                    Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:

Comment

I run steel wheels on my Jeeps because of the strength. Granted, there is a lot more rubber between the rim and the ground though.

Comment

OE steelies are hardcore, diamond racing on the other hand...not ;)

The tire changers at the race tracks hate Diamond Racing Wheels as they bend so often.
                        Last edited by gotKRAUT; 11-21-2007, 02:12 AM.
                        Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:

Comment

^^ i wonder how Diamond would react to your comments. i was gonna buy a set, but iuno now.
                          IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

i never said i think they are crap or anything, i love them and plan to buy another set once i start tracking again, but thats all im going to use them for...which is what they are made for...Racing...they arent intended as a street wheel... ;)
                            Kyle Sutherland

1995 BMW 540i/6:

Comment

Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
                              too much money for wheels with no lip
                              What about these?

Comment

Originally posted by A.LACK View Post
                                those wont fit on any vw or e30. the guy who ordered them fucked up, and is not tryn to peddle them off on some unknowing individual.
                                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X