Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for sale already?
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
      yupppp i want to use these but i gotta get rear camber and toe adjustments first otherwise my tires will gett eatin up like my previous ones. and before i can do that, i gotta pay off my credit card because black friday and speeding ticket/traffic skool f***ed me up =(
      1991 318is nv m50 : brilliantrot

Comment

All wheels are a wear item. Metals fatigue over time. Diamond racing will admit their wheel will bend and need to be replaced after a lot of use....what do you expect from a 65 dollar wheel, seriously. They're so cheap you could replace one every couple years and not even care much.
        It's the same with any steel wheel. The wider they are the worse it gets. Depending on your sidewall as well.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by asubimmer View Post
          :giggle:

If you are stupid then no they won't.
          If by stupid you mean not using a correct center bore, rings to compensate or studs, then you are right. Otherwise, you can use lug bolts and it won't center properly. And if by chance you put it on perfectly centered, then it will not seat there for long. Even if the center of mass and rotation is off by just a slight amount, then the wheel will not rotate in a perfect circle and it will lead to increased wear in tires, struts etc. And the imbalance will be amplified at higher speeds.

I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Comment

If a wheel is made properly (most are), you do not need hub rings. Many wheels are used without hub centric rings, and they do not vibrate as long as they are balanced.

Edit, but yes it is better to have hub centric rings.
            Last edited by joshh; 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM.
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

I think I'm missing the point. Why would you buy 8" wide wheels and run 195 or 205 rubber on them?

Comment

Originally posted by ethree View Post
                I think I'm missing the point. Why would you buy 8" wide wheels and run 195 or 205 rubber on them?
                Stretch, y0!

Seriously, the 15x10's would be perfect for the hoosier 275/35/15.
                '89 325i track sloot
                '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                  If a wheel is made properly (most are), you do not need hub rings. Many wheels are used without hub centric rings, and they do not vibrate as long as they are balanced.

After trying on BBS / Fondmetal / Mille Miglia wheels - all made for generic use - when used w/o hubcentric rings - the car rattle and felt like sXXt....
                  only way to fix this was either use hubcentric rings or (like i did) go to a E30-Special-Made wheels (OZ Route my case, with 57.1 bore)

Comment

Originally posted by ron1999 View Post
                    After trying on BBS / Fondmetal / Mille Miglia wheels - all made for generic use - when used w/o hubcentric rings - the car rattle and felt like sXXt....
                    only way to fix this was either use hubcentric rings or (like i did) go to a E30-Special-Made wheels (OZ Route my case, with 57.1 bore)

You do realize the hub centric cut out is also a milled area right...which means it also is susceptible to not being perfect. Same goes for the lug holes. But the factory with the equipment they use now days makes it next to impossible for the holes to be that far off to where it rattles. I call bullshit. And I'll leave it at that. I've used lug centric wheels on track and never had a problem.

Comment

steal.....

steel isnt steel.....like Teeg said, Diamond makes MANY types.If you want a nice strong street wheel then go Stockton in Ca...they use oe centers and widen ..14 or 15 or perhaps 16...like 130-140 ish each powdercoated..... for a nice oe stealth Alpina look...but what do you young'ns know bout ole skool Alpina steel?

I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

i have a set of 15x8 -0 i used to run on my s13 and they took a ton of abuse, until i hit a curb even then i was surprised how they held up.
                        i just now considered putting them on the dirty30 but there 4x114.3

do you guys know if they make adapters from 4x100 to 4x114.3 for are cars?
                        also can we handle a -0 offset + whatever the adapters would be?

thanks, wells

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                          very good point there! maybe most ppl that experienced the vibration never had their wheels + tires properly balanced to begin with. I find it hard to believe that without hub centering the lugs are not able to accomplish the same task.
                          It's not a question of balance, it's a question of load.

The way BMWs are designed, the hub itself bears the weight of the car. The lugs themselves just keep the wheel from falling off.

Lugcentric applications use the lugs for load bearing, but more importantly may use a different type of wheel bolt that self-centers the wheel. BMW bolts and wheels are not designed to do that, and it really does become a safety issue. Having seen enough hub and bolt failures from improperly fitted wheels at the track, I cannot stress enough how much this should be avoided!

- Rob Levinson
                          - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
                          Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
                            It's not a question of balance, it's a question of load.

The way BMWs are designed, the hub itself bears the weight of the car. The lugs themselves just keep the wheel from falling off.

Lugcentric applications use the lugs for load bearing, but more importantly may use a different type of wheel bolt that self-centers the wheel. BMW bolts and wheels are not designed to do that, and it really does become a safety issue. Having seen enough hub and bolt failures from improperly fitted wheels at the track, I cannot stress enough how much this should be avoided!

- Rob Levinson

This is what I'm wondering. I've read this entire thread twice now trying to figure out what correct way to go about thsi whole widened steelie thing. Gotta admit, it looks really awesome and if you mess up your steel wheels who gives a shit.

I think the correct way to go about all this would be to purchase E30 SPECIFIC steelies and have them extended to whatever offset you'd like. Since you'd be welding a barrel in, the weld would be twice as strong as the steel itself. I think thats the only way I'd feel safe with this idea.

Comment

I ran diamond racing wheels on my 2002 for a few years with no vibration. However my 2002 weighed about 1800 lbs and I bent at least one full set of wheels. They are very very weak, so weak in fact that I had two wheels that were just about folded in half by Sears when they tried to mount tires to them, sears ended up hooking me up with those Dunlop tires in the picture for free though which was cool. Diamond racing wheels are great autocross wheels and that is about it. Keep in mind that most of their wheels are not recommended for cars over 2500lbs unless you buy the super heavy ones.

Comment

Not to bring this up again ...but a few ?? 1.You can use these wheels and other non-huncentric wheels if you do a stud conversion. 2. i think it would be cool to have some 16" steelies that you can design custom centers for...did any one ever get any steelies for there e30??
                                89 325i parts car
                                90 325i in progress
                                ground control 400f 700r-koni adjustables-koni adjustable sways-reinforced control arms-ground control camber plates-e36 cabrio shock mounts-4.10 lsd-5 speed swap in the works
                                --tryng to join the schwarz army one day at a time--sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X