Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I got a 70-200 2.8L USM

Just for today... and I am in love.

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

is that the model number for this type of bird?

Comment

Nice lens. Do you have to give it back?
      "If the sky were to fall tomorrow, the tall would die first."

-Dr. Paul Forrester

Do I LOOK like I need a psychological evaluation???

Comment

lucky bastard. i cant wait to get my sigma equivelent!

s50 downunder yo!

Comment

Very nice, i was REALLY temped to go with a 70 - 200 2.8 but decided to get a 100 - 400 4 instead, although maybe one day I'll run with both!

Comment

Couple more.

Last edited by Jean; 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM.
            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nice, I love mine..

real LTW btw...

The IS version is overrated, plus you can get these used for under a G.

Comment

Damn you guys. thats it, im saving up for a decent camera/lense!

Comment

I love my 70-200 f/4L and want to add the 2.8 to the bag. I shoot mostly during the day so no need yet. Did my first night drifting event and could have used it...

Comment

Very nice man! I have a f4.0 not as fast as yours but I love it!
                    Follow my IG @bouchezphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                      Just for today... and I am in love.

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/album...2/IMG_4504.jpg
                      No EXIF data, what's the aperture and shutter speed?

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                      I love my 70-200 f/4L and want to add the 2.8 to the bag. I shoot mostly during the day so no need yet. Did my first night drifting event and could have used it...
                      Still virtually impossible to use unless it's incredibly well lit, granted you can use it later in the evening than our f/4.0's though. I want to try a 135mm f/2.0 to see how it works in that situation!

Shooting horses early morning with the dew and fog is also nearly impossible with a f/4.0. I've struggled at the horse shows i've shot.

The IS on my 300mm is nice but I completely forgot to switch the motors to pan mode at Petit so the shots weren't quite as sharp as they were last year. :sad:

EDIT
                      nm, my EXIF viewer isn't compatible with the new version of Firefox...arghh!
                      Last edited by speedminded; 10-16-2008, 03:27 PM.

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

Adding to my list...

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                        Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                        Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                        Wrap all my things in aluminum
                        Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                        Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                        Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                        Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by sumyungguy View Post

The IS version is overrated, plus you can get these used for under a G.
                          I have the non-IS and have found that even f2/8 isn't fast enough to stop motion blur when you're working with a 320mm equivalent. I wish mine had IS.

But still, it's a fantastic lens! I love mine to death. Sometimes I think about selling it because it doesn't get used that often, but then I that when I need it, I really need it.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                            I have the non-IS and have found that even f2/8 isn't fast enough to stop motion blur when you're working with a 320mm equivalent. I wish mine had IS.

But still, it's a fantastic lens! I love mine to death. Sometimes I think about selling it because it doesn't get used that often, but then I that when I need it, I really need it.
                            200mm is 200mm whether you have a full frame or not, don't believe the 1.6x BS manufactures feed you with. I'll be more than happy to elaborate.

Not saying I don't love my IS but you can always bump the ISO up then a faster shutter.
                            Last edited by speedminded; 10-16-2008, 04:27 PM.

AUTOMOTIVE PHOTOGRAPHY │ JASONTBARKER.COM

Comment

did anyone else think this this thread was going to be about a 2.8l engine going from 70-200 mph? im so disappointed...

Comment

Working...
                              X