Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else from California going to this event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone else from California going to this event?

URBXNFEST Track Registration
    Willow Springs International Raceway
    3500 75th Street West
    Rosamond, CA 93560

$150 to register

Since there were only 2 other e30s at this event and I am assuming they were not a part of this forum I will write my experience there.

There were 3 slots, novice intermediate and advanced. I chose to run intermediate and do not regret it.
    I was running with mostly a few 3e6 m3s some e46 m3s and a bunch of f90 m3s and actually earned major respect.
    Mind I was running with at least 150lbs of extra crap I brought for the race since I missed my auto transport pickup at uhaul the night before and a busted rear shock mount bolt driverside which was noisy on the way to the track taking the Angeles crest route, that noise disappeared when I got on the track.
    Willow springs I a legit track for beginners with lots of space at enough turns to get you tuned in with the limits of your car.
    Big brakes are a must, the only thing that kept me at bay with these new cars were my brakes and the ability to control the car quick enough to finish off turns and still go fast.
    All in all, if you have a fast af e30 with a medium race setup I recommend got to this event next time they have the track. There were vendors posted up like my buddy Bailey and his crew.

There were 5 runs scheduled for each group I did three runs and at the end of the third run, my rookie mistakes took their toll.
    By the third run, I had gotten familiar with the track and knew what to expect, I was dipping into 4th on the straightaways and corners.
    Rewind post track maintenance after changing my motor oil, differential oil, I changed out my Power steering with atf and overfilled it I figured no big deal hoped in the car and drove to the track my poorly secured reservoir and extra fluid sprayed and my stock motor mounts got drenched with tranny fluid and after that third run, the slightly cracked motor mount ripped and sent the engine 3-4 inches into my radiator that already had a crack from the ps pump ages ago.
    I called AAA and got towed home only complaint was the crappy passenger seat in the tow truck.

My advice is to get AAA premier you get 3 free 300-mile tows and a rental car the next day, locksmith service reimbursed up to 90 dollars and more and don't overfill your fluids!

Comment

Is this an ad for the track day or for AAA?

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I don’t work for anyone but myself the last time I checked.
        I was trying to share my experience for anyone that is planning on going on a track day with high horsepower cars.
        TBH, I can only see one company here selling advertisement.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfan52 View Post
            I don’t work for anyone but myself the last time I checked.
            I was trying to share my experience for anyone that is planning on going on a track day with high horsepower cars.
            TBH, I can only see one company here selling advertisement.
            Thanks for sharing your experience. I've had the good fortune to run my street e30 at Willow Springs (big willow). It was years ago with one of NASAs HPDE events and was an absolute blast.

I also highly recommend HPDEs and track events. Any track really or even autocross, which I do now.

Comment

Working...
            X