No announcement yet.

Alpina B3 2.7 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet car mate! Love SA E30's (I've got a 325iS Evo 1 :D )

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
    RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

That yellow rabbit was pretty damned quick. He did a great job fighting through the traffic. But i understand not wanting to be too aggressive with the kind of traffic you had to deal with. Taking the inside line could prove to be disastrous. But there were a few places where you could have distanced yourself to get a better drive out of the corners and passed them on the the straights.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
      My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
        ... But there were a few places where you could have distanced yourself to get a better drive out of the corners and passed them on the the straights.
        I tried this next time but it was still not enough, the Golfs / Opels will do anything to prevent a BMW pass - I'll put some videos up soon.

Comment

Here is a video that I compiled of the ZOC Hilldown time trial event held on the 25 Apr 2009. I had brand new front tyres on the car (215/17 versus the previous 225/17) and was a bit unsure about the grip - tyre's releasing agent and all that. I was a few seconds off the winning pace and have small hopes for winning the ZOC 4-stage event in June 09 with this car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyt4SS4OUU (avail in HQ)

For those brave enough to tackle with MEGAUPLOAD, I have uploaded a very high quality (960x540 pixels, 95 MB) video for you guys to download onto your PC. The site seems to only allow one download at a time ; all South African users seem to have the same IP address as far as MEGAUPLOAD is concerned.

Every one of my runs was littered with mistakes but I think even if I put together the best sections of all my 4 runs, I still would not have won the day.

Comment

Wow, I don't post much, but this was worth to comment! Awesome sounding M20 man! Keep up the good work.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

I have been asked via PM for more detailed build threads. The build has been documented on a South African E30 forum. There are two threads. The car was supposed to have debuted with a 3.1 M20 stroker but clearance issues with the Schrick 304deg camshaft and a trackday deadline forced me to put the old 2.7 engine together. As a result, I started a separate thread for the car as a 2.7 engined track toy.

3.1 original thread

2.7 thread that I have recently started updating concurrently with this thread

The e30clubsa forum requires you to be a registered member to view threads. Those two threads should answer most questions, if not, feel free to ask.

Comment

Here are some more pics, mainly about the exhaust system. I have received lots of compliments at the track regarding the sound ... and location.

The ITBs are only a mock assembley in these pics ... coming soon though.

This is how I had initially planned to route the exhaust.

And to end off this media update, three more videos - all uploaded in HIGH QUALITY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCdK0ZojT1c (this was my fastest lap on the day, one of the very few no-traffic laps)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJr4qCbS4Ss (this video includes a lot of trackside footage for a different view)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEaulGboWX8 (a video compiled for a fellow track enthusiast with a Fiat Uno Turbo)

Comment

I literally jumped back in my chair in shock when I saw the pics of that M20. :shock:

Comment

looks and sounds amazing

7speedshop.com

Comment

Those videos were great.

God, I love the sound of an M20.

Comment

You sir, are the fucking man. That car is tits, it sounds incredible (M20s sound amazing, I'd go as far as to say that no DOHC swap that I've heard has sounded as good as most M20s, they tend towards a bunch of rasp). You are hauling some serious ass in those videos.

Not a fan of your brother's clutch-roasting shifts though. ;)

Comment

awesome build and good driving!
                          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                          '91 SpecE30 #523
                          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I agree, multivalve straight six engines have no chance in the exhaust note department.

Comment

sweet originality and I bet that your very proud of your little e30

Comment

Good god that's hot.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X