e36 rollbar in e30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e36 rollbar in e30?

I was wondering if e36 rollbar would fit in e30. I found a very good deal, and I wanted to know if I could take advantage of it...

No... Not 'gonna' fit.
    I'm Not Right in the Head | Random Rants and other Nonsense1st Order Logic Failure: Association fallacy, this type of fallacy can be expressed as (∃xS : φ(x)) → (∀xS : φ(x)), meaning "if there exists any x in the set S so that a property φ is true for x, then for all x in S the property φ must be true".

Comment

ok? what would be fitment issues?

Comment

Everything.

Width, height, feet placement, down tube lengths.
        Below the radar...

Comment

this e36 roll bar sat inside of e30, so I know width and height aren't the issue. As far as tube/feet placement, I am not sure, as it was sitting at an angle. How hard would it be to modify feet?

As long as bow fits, i think, I could make the rest work.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
            this e36 roll bar sat inside of e30, so I know width and height aren't the issue. As far as tube/feet placement, I am not sure, as it was sitting at an angle. How hard would it be to modify feet?

As long as bow fits, i think, I could make the rest work.
            Having witnessed more than 45 E30 Rollbar installations, and close to the same for the e36...

I could also make the interior from a Impala fit inside my E30. Doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Just because the rollbar is "cheap" doesn't make it worth it.
            Below the radar...

Comment

do you have any dimensions that back up what you're saying? I can get this bar for under $200 brand new in wrap. I am looking for solid information for why I shouldn't pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptyp View Post
                do you have any dimensions that back up what you're saying? I can get this bar for under $200 brand new in wrap. I am looking for solid information for why I shouldn't pull the trigger.
                If I told you that my fathers company built custom rollbars for both e30's and e36's would that be enough E-credit for you to listen? ;)

-Chris
                Below the radar...

Comment

Artyp.

Fitting a cage or rollbar into a car is a matter of fractions of millimeters, and tenths of degree angle. The answer to your request is simple. Different car. Different dimensions. But please, go ahead. Buy it, "save" money, and show us pictures. BTW I am pretty sure you are aware that rollbars for a coupe or a sedan of the same chassis, are different. Home hardware sells ABS tubes. That would be about as safe as a non-properly built/fitted rollbar.

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I agree no point of installing a roll bar unless you do it right
                    Roll bars are for safety and not for looks so why cut corners.
                    Plus it might bolt in but are you sure that the e36 roll bar will use the best and strongest mounting points on the e30 that a properly fitted e30 bar would, or are you just going to be bolting it to thin sheet-metal which gives it no support.

AutoCross Photos!!https://picasaweb.google.com/eugenes18t

Comment

Apytptytpayup,

Fuck these other guys. Just buy the thing. Take pictures of trying to make it work. It'll make for a fun laugh, probably be as good as the "direct exhaust injection" guy or the sock for the oil cap one.

-Charlie
                      Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                      '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                      FYYFF

Comment

Working...
                      X