So i got a newb question for ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So i got a newb question for ya

Would it be considered a BAD idea to track my auto 325i? Does it kill auto trannys or anything?

just track it till auto fails on you, then once it fails...throw a 5sp in there. done deal!
    Originally posted by e30e
    lose the old man bmwcca badge.

Comment

If the car has been properly maintain or in good shape you should be fine.

don't expect to be the fastest(or get much props lol) but you sure will have fun.

someone came with an automatic 190e to autox. Didnt do go but he sure did have fun, he even spun out once lol
      -Frank
      1987 325is m50nv (schwarz)
      1990 325is (sterling silber)(sold)
      2001 525i

Comment

Just make sure car is in good mechanical condition, tires aren't bald, pads are good, not leaking oil/coolant etc and have fun :)

Clean your car out, make sure you don't have a bunch of stuff in it that will be flying everywhere.
        Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

My very first track weekend was with a auto (Tiptronic) 911 DD. It was unbelievable fun, but it was immediately clear that it would be more fun with a manual. So by the end of the weekend I was plotting how to sell the auto and get a manual.
          www.Gress.org

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing. -E. Burke

NASA SpecE30 #6, BMWCCA #161
          sigpic

Comment

Track it! I ran an 01 525ia in DE's for 2 years before getting an E30 as a dedicated track rat. Seat time is seat time and if all you have is a auto that is still better than not going at all.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X