No announcement yet.

S54 Widebody e30 race car build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought my project was going to be tits, now I'm jealous and have to one up. lol
    Originally posted by devon.818
    low key i actually paid attention to the drifting...then saw bouncing tits and went :o
    Originally posted by devon.818
    as for a 4hr boner...idk, start using it for things; cup holder, dial the phone, type with it, fix things, diagnose the e30, probe random shit...
    Originally posted by Mercury[BKM]
    ...because Machine Gun

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
      Sub-fucking-scribed. This thread is full of win. Holy hell. I'll be back when I have the time to read the whole thing.
      +1
      Great work! :up:

Comment

This thread has long been begging for a picture update. I know I've been slacking. So here are some pictures for some of the things we've pretty much completed.

The brake lines have been run through the interior of the car with a rear bias adjuster. We have also doen the master cylinder and the rest of the hard lines. I would like to thank Lee (Massive Brakes) for his help in selecting the correct single master cylinder size. We eventually used a VW/Peugeot 21mm master cylinder. Which I didn't take pictures of as yet.

Here is a picture of the front AP's and 330mm discs. All we are waiting for is the braided lines and some low pressure hydraulic hose to attach the reservoirs (which we are struggling to find here in SA). Then the brake system is complete.

We have also taken delivery of our new rear dampers, but they also need to go back just to get internal droop stops fitted.

On the front the suspension is complete, bar actually final torquing. We have to make a small modification to the steering system because the current clevis system limits travel a bit much for our liking. It's not a big thing to do just a smaller clevis and a couple holes. We are also waiting for Bump steer spacers. Which we have been waiting a while for. It makes me wish we had our own lathe as then all these small things could be knocked out quickly and not cause delays!

My real bug bear at the moment is still the front bumper. I've got a long way to go and I keep changing my mind about it. As can be seen in the picture the front left is how I was going to do it originally, then I changed my mind to incorporate canards, and now I've decided to change the canard idea so it extends all the way up to the fender. I'm also goign to extend the lower section of the bumper further back I as I don't like the huge gap between the front of the wheel and the bumper!

Here are just a couple more shots of the car in general.

Comment

control arm....looks interesting
          Originally posted by FredK
          However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
          Feedback

Comment

I definitely like where this thread is going, but I hope you keep changing your mind about the paint scheme too. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              I definitely like where this thread is going, but I hope you keep changing your mind about the paint scheme too. :p
              ///M sport scheme. With green and other colors rather than blue red and purple.

Really like where this is headed. Be sure to post vids when it is completed! Any update on engine?
              Originally posted by teamdynasty43
              Aye listen here ph fucking dick cheese mother fucker ...go back to touching your self or your fucking boyfriend because you're just some dumb mother fucker that has no fucking life than other to ridicule others because you have no fuckin life and low self esteem so you try to make your self feel better so you act all big!!!! Sooooo get the fuck out of here and shut your stupid little Whore mouth the fuck up and just leave!

Comment

The scheme will stay green and white, but will also incorporate silver and lilac as those are the colours of my fathers company.

Comment

Moar! I want to see this baby complete.
                  Originally posted by z31maniac
                  I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Just to show that we haven't been idle. Here is a bit of an update.

We finally got the rear wing roughly mounted. We have stumbled into a problem. The element doesn't appear to be straight with the back line of the car. We're not sure if it's an optical illusion as we have measured the mounts and they are in the same position on the frame rail, same position away from boot lid edge and seem to be the same distance from the rear window. Yet the holes cut into the boot lid it appears that the right hand up right is further back. Yet the measurements on the cutouts on the boot lid also seem symmetrical. With more analysis we will figure it out I'm sure.

With all that being said I'm going to change up the mounts. I'm going to cut them off just above the trunk line and make ones that bolt to these. So we can remove the trunk without having these huge uprights in the air making it easier to get to anything we may need in the trunk.

Then earlier today I had a spurt of inspiration to get cracking on the front bumper/splitter. I needed to see the car on the ground. So I fitted the wheels and dropped it back down to the ground. This is the suspension set to max low. The great thing about this is that the front suspension still maintains the correct geometry even at this height.

Then I also snapped a picture of a new project. Yes we're relocating the sway bar to forward of the engine. In this picture things are just tacked together to get a feel for where everything should be. (also note our revised inner steering clevis system which allows for more steering angle)

In the final version we will be using a welded plate with threads and ally blocks to mount the sway bar, with provision to step up to a 32mm front bar and a 28mm rear bar (although that will need to be repositioned around or under the differential. It will attach to the rear subframe, rather than the chassis ala DTM.

Here is a picture of the blocks we will be using. Commercially available Solid ally pipe blocks. We pondered using Delrin version of these but rather chose to be safe and use the ally one.

The reasons we are mounting the sway bar forward of the engine 1. at full compression the control arm is dangerously close to hitting the sway bar bracket, and 2. We are running a S50b32 rear double pick up sump.

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
                      The scheme will stay green and white, but will also incorporate silver and lilac as those are the colours of my fathers company.
                      I am in love with the white and green! cannot wait to see the end product!
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Here is a picture of the shifter setup. I can't remember which member on this forum did this initially but we're mimiking the setup of the shifter plate with the exception that I am moving the shifter rearwards about 60mm (around 2 inches).

I'll just have to make a custom selector rod.

Comment

Finally! After a wait of 83 days on a job that was supposed to take 10 working days we have the widened rear wheels back! They have been taken from an 8j to a 10.5j. All added to the outer section. We could have made them even wider but left it at that as the front wheels haven't been modified. Although in the future they will be modified to 9 or 9.5j depending on tyre availability here.

Green wheels anyone? We got them to shoot the wheels in primer and I hit them up with my own green to match the rest of the scheme.

After all that a couple of these were needed!

Comment

Comment

Wow I never thought I would say this but green rims look good on that car.

'89 Alpine S52 with goodies

Comment

This car's still like my top 3 favorite

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                                Originally posted by DTM190
                                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Working...
                                X