X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best AutoX tires in 14

I am currently running 14 inch wheels.
    About to get into AutoX.
    Car has suspension and bushings done. And brake system rebuilt.
    Still stock power.
    car is not a DD, it is getting built as a track weekend toy, so what tire would you recommend that will perform good and will not break the bank.

AutoCross Photos!!https://picasaweb.google.com/eugenes18t

I got a set of 195/60R14 RT615s for $200 brand new but second-hand. You can get a set for around $300 if you're not as lucky as I was.

There are definitely better tires out there, especially for autocross, but they're typically more expensive and not available in 14-inch sizing.

Comment

195/60R14 86H

Find Falken AZENIS RT-615 tires at great prices, customer reviews and more from the Internet Source for Falken Tires, Vulcan Tire Sales (vulcantire.com). Fast shipping to your home or installer.

/thread
      1987 325i LeChump: H&R Race springs, weight reduction and beat to hell

2005 Mazda RX8: Koni Yellows, Hotchkis FSB, 245 BFG Rivals RTR #11

2011 Mazda CX7 Sport: The family truckster

2001 Buick Park Ave: The DD grandpamobile

1991 Ford F150 XLT 302: camping/towing

Comment

Wow great, price, will have to jump on this especially as I already have 2 of them, that are half worn

AutoCross Photos!!https://picasaweb.google.com/eugenes18t

Comment

Hard to beat RT615s or RS2s
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

My brother has RT615's on his RX7, definitely the best bang for buck tire in 14"
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

i haz azenis. no complaints here. i was told by a dude with a super fast crx that bridgestone potenza re something or other, i believe 011 or 11, was the tire to have.
              318is fund, $0.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                Hard to beat RT615s or RS2s
                I'd get RT615s, RS2 sidewalls aren't the best, and at a 60 series 14" tire you're relying a lot on sidewall integrity.

Comment

RT615 is the only streetable auto-x tire in 14". If you want something to put on a dedicated set of race wheels, I'd go for 225/50/14 Nitto Nt01 or Hoosier A6

Comment

if your willing to spend a little extra and looking for a DOT tire I say the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's

Ive got them on my DD that also runs in Street Mod quite a bit and they feel great with my car and have made surprisingly good runs in wet/cold weather

great tire for track/street use without needing an extra set of wheels
                    sigpic

Comment

I personally believe the RS2 is a better tire than the 615. This is track experience so it may not fully hold true for Auto-X. Only used R Comps at Auto-X.

The 615 gets greasier quicker than the RS2 on the track.

Comment

Originally posted by APhelps89 View Post
                        if your willing to spend a little extra and looking for a DOT tire I say the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's

Ive got them on my DD that also runs in Street Mod quite a bit and they feel great with my car and have made surprisingly good runs in wet/cold weather

great tire for track/street use without needing an extra set of wheels
                        Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                        I personally believe the RS2 is a better tire than the 615. This is track experience so it may not fully hold true for Auto-X. Only used R Comps at Auto-X.

neither of those tires is available in 14"

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                          neither of those tires is available in 14"
                          RS2 used to come in a 195.65.14 or 195.60.14 or similar. The RS2 is not made new anymore but I assume there is an RS3 replacement for the RS2 sizes.

Hankooks homepage shows a 195.60.14 in the RS2. Maybe it is not discontinued yet.

Comment

Worthy of a note, but irrelevant if they are only going to be used for autox.

Again, my experience with both tires has led to the RT615 having the far superior sidewall, which can't be stressed enough when your sidewall is 4.5" tall.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                              If you want something to put on a dedicated set of race wheels, I'd go for 225/50/14 Nitto Nt01 or Hoosier A6
                              This is the truth. The RT615s aren't competitive anymore compared to the newer tires out there (Dunlop Star Specs, Bridgestone RE11, Kumho XS). Unfortunately the newer tires don't come in 14" sizes. So you either have to run R-comps or an inferior RT615.

This is a true statement, but the 615 was indeed better than the RS2 for autox. I do not know if the RS3 is now better than the RT615.

Only potential issue with the RT615s is in the hottest times of the summer you might have to spray them down with water between runs.
                              sigpic
                              '86.5 325eis Track Ho | '08 128i DD | '04 Silverado Tow Vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X