autox movie at devens. 1st place in novice class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autox movie at devens. 1st place in novice class

neither of these runs were my best but i still would have gotten first place with them. here they are. its only my second autox so i'm still learing.

heres another one. i think this one might have been a little better but i can't really remember.

Comment

and a pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Holy crap you guys get long runs... Looks fun, I'd love to kill it on that course... I slalom like a beast. Did you pick up any cones throughout the day? You looked behind on a few cones and rushed during the course.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
        Originally posted by DTM190
        "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Sweet videos!

I went to the BMWCCA event yesterday, and I sorta wish I went to this one. It's tiring though! I fell asleep at like 9pm last night. It was a LOONG day standing out in the sun.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

my first 5 runs sucked. i either hit a cone or went off course. i had 3 clean runs out of 10. those 2 runs and another one that was my best time. i love autox here but its all i know. i couldn't imagine doing it anywhere else.

Comment

Damn man, I don't know anything about auto X'ing but that looked damn good for your 2nd day.

Comment

That looks awesome! I'm a beast on the slalom, so that course is right down my alley! We mostly use parking lots here, which offer a good mix of driving obstacles, but it would be pretty cool to use an airport for some increased speed. However, with such a lack of width and space, you're pretty much limited to a huge slalom course. Nice runs for your 2nd auto-x though!

Comment

when i look at the results for the people not in the novice class i don't really do very good. i def need a lot of improvement before i can get out of this class and be competitive. i do baby the car though. when i should be giving it full throttle i don't. i could be hitting the rev limiter at some spots. i don't like hitting the brakes so hard either. its got 230,000 so i try to be a little easy on it.

Comment

That's understandable. I just finished my second auto-x last weekend and I make similar mistakes. I'm trying to decrease the time I'm not using the throttle or brakes (coasting), and tighten it up around the cones. I'm still not getting as close as I could to some of the cones. It really is a fantastic sport though....

Comment

Try to remember guys, e30s need to keep momentum since they're underpowered... So, if there's a corner you have to sacrifice in (not getting the apex right) so that you're set up to get a great apex on the next turn and have a higher exit speed.... Do that.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                      Originally posted by DTM190
                      "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I know that. I faced that situation just last Sunday as a matter of fact. I gave up speed on a right-hander so that I would carry more speed through the following corner which opened up into the straight / slalom.

Comment

I can't wait to autocross my e30. Just have a few more mechanical problems I'd like to fix first. The autocross in my old car was a blast though. I wish the ones I went to had courses that long. I think the longest one they had one weekend was about 42 seconds, most were only mid-30s though.

Comment

Working...
                          X