5-lug alignment set up input needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5-lug alignment set up input needed.

I have the 99M3 5-lug set up on my car with 235/40 17 star specs. 1) Im having trouble getting enough camber. I have GC coils with the plates and IE camber/toe adjusters in the rear maxed out. 2) Im not sure where I want my settings even if I could get more. I was thinking of -2.5 camber front and rear with zero toe.

when you say "enough", do you mean enough negative (tilted in at the top) or enough positive (more straight up)?

Is this mainly for street? street/ auto-x/ drive to the event? or track days on a trailer?

You are on the right track that the front should be at least as negative as the rear, but usually about a half degree more is good. Most of the time if the camber is the same negitive Front and Rear, then the car will still push because as the e30 leans, the rear gets more negative faster than the front gets more negative.

Jay
    Here is my photo gallery answering common questions about Ground Control Suspension, and e30 suspension problems in general.
    Ground Control Gallery

The Ground Control facebook page: Dragged, kicking and screaming into social media to see what happens next.
    Ground Control facebook page

Comment

Using stock diameter springs, something in the neighborhood of 2.5-3deg of camber in the fronts is probably all that you can get. Set the front to zero, very slightly (1/16" total) toed out.The limit is when the upper spring perch hits the strut tower. The rear wheels should get 1.8-2deg of camber and about 1/16" total toe.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

How much are you looking for? I"m maxed out up front with -3.5 and just chillin in the rear at -2.5. I used turner motorsports strut spacers (a couple washers) and vorschlag camber plates with gc's.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^^ i though i had replied ot this thread.

same here. to increase the camber on the front add spacers/washers to the two strut->hub bolts. I was sitting around -2.6deg and it took me to -3.3/3.2...for some reason i'm different, then again my car is a little beat up front... I also have 8mm spacers on the front to clear my inner chassis at full lock. (+41 offset 225/35-17s-drives for street and drift events)

If you want more for the rear just lower, the car more. Last we measured, i was at 2.7deg, but my tires are pretty tucked in. Sometimes i fit 55-60 profile tires (i get them for free) in the back for drift events and i rub inside/top just from acceleration. The sidewall of my DE 235/40-17 NT01s are about 75% tucked in, these dont rub at all.

Remember that under breaking and accel in/out of turns, the toe (&camber) changes. 0 static seems to work well for me. I'm not very experienced either, this just works well for me.
          No more e30s for me.
          88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
          88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
          91 BMW 325i [sold]
          86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

I have washers in the front, on the axel hubs. It gave me about 1/2 a degree. They were probably about 2mm. Does anybody know the max size I can safely place? I think my real problem is I cant go any lower without rubbing because of my tire size. I am going to re-roll the fenders at my friends shop this week and hopefully that will help. I will shoot for front: -2.5camber 9.5caster 0toe rear: -2camber 0toe. Maybe a little toe out. Thanks for everyones input, more is welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X