how many would go to FSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many would go to FSP

Wondering how many people here would participate more in SCCA autocross if the 91' 318is went to Fstreet prepared?

The car is currently in DSP, probably doesnt have a chance, and stock class is way out of the question. The SCCA is currently moving alot of cars to spark participation in Street Prepared and stock, making the classes more diverse. Any other year, i would say this doesnt have a snowballs chance of happening, but the SCCA is doing alot of restructuring. I figure that while they're swapping mood, why not make something good happen for the 318is crown.

Any interest in trying to get this thing moved?

early 318s are FSP. if you're gonna do FSP or DSP might as well start with the 84/85. SCCA regulations really lean more towards newer cars. It kinda sucks when newer(although not purely performance) cars get placed in HS when a tired old car like a 318 can't really compete.

I think it's well within possibilities. The only difference between the DSP 318is and the FSP 318i would be the motor. Everything else would be the same.
    '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
    NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
    Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

FSP is an exception to the "newer" cars in street prepared. U have one certain 68' 2002, and a bunch of franken-civics. Nobody can tell me that the certain green 68' 2002 aint fast! I saw it launch against my friends(Maccabe/becker CSP miata) at the Lincoln and actually keep up with it past 60'. With the new allowances for the civics i think the newer e30 318is would be a good addition.

I'd like to get enough interest on here to write a few letters to the SPAC. Perhaps they could look into this more and spark it for member comment?

Comment

so no interest on getting the late 318is into FSP?

Comment

I'm very much interested...what do I have to do to help this happen?

Comment

just spread the word on all the late e30 318is forums and send your mails/letters into SCCA. with enough interest, SCCA will look deeper into the proposal of adding this car into the class and we go from there

Comment

Working...
            X