E30-LS1 KITS now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garretvs View Post
    Our car weighed 80lbs more after the swap. The extra 200hp and 200lbft of torque pretty much makes those 80lbs invisible ...........:p
    Where did those 80lbs go? Front or rear axle?

Do you have any axle weights or corner weights?

Comment

Originally posted by iflytii View Post
      I think kristov was more concerned about where the weight was located than the overall gain. I gained a little more than 80lbs on mine and I've got corner weights both before and after - I just need to find them.

For Kristov, one of the major weight gains was the transmission. The T56 is a beast, and you definitely pay the penalty in weight. Good thing is the weight gain associated with the trans is (obviously) further back in the car.

I'll dig up my corner weights today.
      Did you find your corner weights?

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
        Where did those 80lbs go? Front or rear axle?

Do you have any axle weights or corner weights?
        The front. We weighed on a 4-corner scale (donated by Lockheed-Martin....:D) weights were:

1540lbs front axle
        1320lbs rear axle
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
        E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
          Did you find your corner weights?
          Here are the weights right after doing the swap. Note I had not done any corner-balancing since the swap.

Edit:
          Here are the weights while corner balancing with the S52 setup. Note, I gained about 20lbs +/- with a camera mount, cool suit setup and a couple other minor things that were not in e car @ the 2228 weight.

Also note these weights are from totally different sets of scales. There could be some difference in accuracy, but as a ballpark they should work.
          Last edited by iflytii; 05-17-2011, 04:30 AM.

Comment

For $1200 a kit, you should find a better welder.

Comment

Originally posted by e30t5 View Post
              For $1200 a kit, you should find a better welder.
              And for a noob you shouldn't be posting such comments. If you would do some research, and realize what Garrett and his dad have done for the E30 community, you would see all the professional R&D that went into this kit. Just like any other vendor, you're not just paying for some hacked together brackets and mounts, these were designed and fabricated by 2 engineers. :roll:
              Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Its not like I just landed on this planet, first of all.

I said nothing about the engineering, looking at a part with a premium price, laser cut, and formed on a press brake, Id expect quality welds, they look great otherwise. Even under paint, in a photo on a forum, its obvious they are passable, but, if they are paying someone to weld those, they need to find someone else, and if they are welding them themselves, they should get some guidance, practice, or pay someone with the skills to do it properly.

PS, not that it necessarily applies in this situation, engineering degree, or training, or whatever allows one to call themselves an engineer, absolutely does not give them the ability to make anything.

Comment

I will also add that maybe I could have put it more gently, but, I would want someone to point it out to me.

Comment

As long as it holds and does its job, it shouldn't matter if it looks like helen keller did it...

Comment

Guys seriously, if you don't like it don't buy it and keep your opinion to yourselves especially if you don't know what your talking about. I've been a welder and fabricator for the better part of a decade and quite honestly all this stuff is hand made and it wont look 100% "pretty" for you nit pickers out there but taken into consideration the gauge metal and the amount of weld layed down on these components its more than plenty strong enough to handle the small task of holding up an engine and transmission. In other words its a bit overkill for the setup this is going to.
                      So apparently you guys seem to be really concerned with the pretty factor of the parts instead of the functionality. If you want something more "pretty" go out and pay someone else 2-3 times as much for your bling and leave these men and their fine products alone, and for the love of god, again, keep your opinions to yourself.

Guys, killer work here, its quite impressive and a killer deal. I've been following you guys for quite a while and i love your innovation and creativity and the cleanliness if you work. Great job keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by e30t5 View Post
                        I said nothing about the engineering, looking at a part with a premium price, laser cut, and formed on a press brake, Id expect quality welds...
                        Well actually, you are paying $1200 for the engineering and development. They give you the parts for free.
                        Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by massive lee View Post
                          well actually, you are paying $1200 for the engineering and development. They give you the parts for free.
                          +1
                          HDE30 <3

Comment

This is awesome...

Your car rocks, I love the reliable hp/tq this would give.

I am already on craigslist looking at donor cars while thinking about this...

Even if the parts are limited run, any chance the CD will be continuously made? I assume it has CAD drawings of the parts your including in the $1200 kit?

Comment

Thanks for the interest! We are currently sold out of the first run of kits, and will do a second if there is enough interest. We still have the CD; it is 200 pages with everything we did: electrical, fuel system, intake, radiator, engine mounts, tranny mount, A/C, HydroBoost, emissions, exhaust, steering shaft, PS hoses, etc. This is for you if you are a DIY-guy!
                              E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                              email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                              E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                              E30LS1@gmail.com
                              e30ls1.com

Comment

Damn.

I really want to drive one of these.

I want that motor in an E34 though.

Closing SOON!
                                "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X