No announcement yet.

E30-LS1 KITS now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note the signature in the 118th post, no.

Comment

Originally posted by GV1390 View Post
      Whats the chances of being able to fit a turbo in the bay with one of these kits?
      Originally posted by SickE30 View Post
      Note the signature in the 118th post, no.

Sure you can. Just depends on your welding skills.
      You could mount 1 or two turbos ahead of the valve covers or do a bottom mount set-up.
      All depends on the manifolds you custom fabricate.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Actually, there is room for 1 or 2 turbochargers with this kit.

Local has one of these full setups and the fit in the e30 engine bay is excellent. Thumbs up guys!

With this kit the GM T56 transmission fits the e30 body actually BETTER than an OEM BMW 6 speed transmission. the bellhousing casting is lower profile and the Hydro T56 throw out bearing is inside the transmission so lines go in cleanly vs the external slave BMW bellhousing for 6 speed.

I did not ask what he spent, but whatever the kit cost it's probably worth it.

as far as cost goes, think about how you will want to set it up.

powerplant: 4k~9k
        LSX powerplant from scrap yard for rebuilding ~2500
        rebuilding it 1500-3500
        aftermarket toys for your LSX 1-3K

local popular setup is to use escalade block and some heads and some cam to get 11:1 compression and 600rwhp. NA easy going all day long; range should be 4.5-7k

t56 and other bits can run some, Holley auto-tune for LSX motors with integrated CAN-BUS avail is also amazing.
        nice LSX parts could easily bling it out; a BBTB, intake manifold, air ram system, AN hoses and lines.......yummy stuff....

One could also buy a complete running camaro/Firebird WS6 for about $5-6K running and drive it untill the e30 was ready for swapping

I'd budget about $15K to play this game. It would be brand new everything, 600hp NA. :D
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Originally posted by Teaguer View Post
          Sure you can. Just depends on your welding skills.
          You could mount 1 or two turbos ahead of the valve covers or do a bottom mount set-up.
          All depends on the manifolds you custom fabricate.

Might be more fun and simpler to get an LSA engine from a CTS-V: plenty of hp & torque!! Would look cool with a hole in the hood and the supercharger sticking out about an inch......
          E30-LS1 aka. 357is
          email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
          E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
          E30LS1@gmail.com
          e30ls1.com

Comment

Tell me honestly, how does the difficulty of this swap compare with that of a S52 swap?

Comment

Originally posted by mit7059 View Post
              Tell me honestly, how does the difficulty of this swap compare with that of a S52 swap?
              With this kit its only slight more so.
              Just need to measure and have a D-shaft made up and the only other thing would be the brake booster solution.
              You can go with Garrets option or come up with your own solution.

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

Originally posted by mit7059 View Post
                If you buy a kit, you have to be able to make / have someone else make an intake duct; connect the wiring: for an '86 325e - (5) wires at the round plug on the firewall & about 10 more in the glove box (MIL light, tach, emissions systems). Make a driveshaft. mount HydroBoost & radiator. Connect fuel system. etc

The CD shows all of the steps in clear fashion for DIY guys - get a CD to really see what is involved. We have a "Master Parts List" on the Cd with part numbers and suppliers for everything needed for a DIY. The parts list also shows what is included with the kit.
                E30-LS1 aka. 357is
                email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
                E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
                E30LS1@gmail.com
                e30ls1.com

Comment

Perhaps the wrong thread, but what options are there for getting more traction and increasing durability in the rear?
                  92 325ic 5 speed, hard top, windscreen, 133k, for sale
                  sigpic

Comment

Race logic traction control will take care of your traction issues and only costs about 800.

Comment

Any body heard from Garrett lately? Two emails and no response.
                      1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                      1985 535is Zinno on Black
                      1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                      1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                      1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
                        Perhaps the wrong thread, but what options are there for getting more traction and increasing durability in the rear?
                        Don't use an E30.

Comment

How many kits do you have left? Trying to order one today

Comment

Originally posted by lylefk View Post
                            Dual mounting ear E36 rear diff cover.

I'm not sure if you can use the 94mm output flanges from an M30 car, or if there are axles that will work with those flanges in the E30 suspension.

Comment

Just got a message from him saying they recently sold the last kit. Let's get some interest going so they'll make another round of them!!

Comment

I'm interested. He hasn't responded to my email, however. So, that's two.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
                                1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                                1985 535is Zinno on Black
                                1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                                1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                                1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Working...
                                X