Camber Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber Settings

I know this has been discussed previously but its obviously not on the site yet and I need the info. I have a track event on Saturday at NHIS and will need to adjust my camber. I've run as much as -3.1 of camber (max setting on the plates). The cars lowered, with bilsteins and eibachs. So what have people run and what felt the best?
    Driving is the only way to go faster....

Running Neg 2.3 front and 1.5 rear, front toe-in (factory setting). I have Tokico shocks and Eibach springs, poly everything. Tower bars. 25mm front bar, 22mm rear bar. Front bar stiffest setting, rear bar lightest setting. Falken Azenis 38F, 36R (cold). Car is fairly neutral except in the high speed sweepers where there is a hint of oversteer.

Comment

Thanks. I'll see how close I can get to your settings. What type of track are you typically on? Also, which tokico's are you on. I used the illumina's for a while and switched to bilsteins and find the bilsteins much better.

Comment

I'm just on the blue's...I know...not very good, but I haven't had any problems with dampening. I will probably go to the Bilsteins though next. I've only been on two tracks here in CA. Thunderhill Raceway, http://www.thunderhill.com and Buttonwillow Raceway, http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com. Am planning on heading to Laguna Seca at the end of the month. :D

Comment

Let me know how that works out for you. If you find your car oversteering a bit, slowerly elease PSI from the rear tires. Besides the bilsteins and eibachs, what other performance things do you have on your car?

I've been thinking about going to 0 toe. What do you think about this? I've heard that turn-in is so much quicker. The only drawback is the car tends to follow the big semi-truck tracks on the freeway. Not a big deal to me. :D

Comment

I think 0 might not be too bad if the tracks you drive don't have a significantly long straight. I find that the closer to 0, the worse they are at high speeds, but for turning, its great. I'd not worry too much about highway truck tracks. Mine does that pretty well already and I'm on stock settings.

As for performance mods, adjustable camber plates, shocks, springs, strut brace, slotted rotors, ebc greenstuff, and steel lines. I'm also running Falken Azenis and like them a lot. Your tire pressures are similar to what I normally run. The engine is a bit more modded. Its got headers, M30 AFM, 9mm wires, ported intake, bored throttle body, chip, sport exhaust, and sachs power clutch.

I'm in the process of building a stroker and have completed the cylinder head porting and just recieved my 274 cam. I'm still waiting to see if I can find European pistons but if not, I'll stick with the super eta that I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by gmh1234
              I've been thinking about going to 0 toe. What do you think about this? I've heard that turn-in is so much quicker. The only drawback is the car tends to follow the big semi-truck tracks on the freeway. Not a big deal to me. :D
              Maybe it is just me, but I like having a very stable car especially on straight aways (and since I am not 'racing' but doing TT's)-- therefore I would not run 0 toe. If you are running an 1/8th try 1/16th before going to zero.

HTH,

Comment

How about a full sized shot of that "curve measurement" you have there Trent? No straights there.

Comment

Working...
                X